U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2012, 12:41 AM

7,365 posts, read 6,116,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Why, yes, yes I do! Y'all being too sensitive. Here is a reply I got from a friend when I emailed her and told her about this crap going on in here. I emailed her because she is from JERSEY....

"Hmm. That Joisey thing has got me wondering. People say it that way all the time but I'm trying to think if it is native people joking on ourselves or not. Either way, I don't think it is offensive. Definitely not as offensive as that person made it out to be. Good thing you didn't joke about big hair and what exit do you live off. Maybe their strings are just wound too tight from the weather."

I then replied I HAD j9oked about Theresa Caputo's BIG HAIR in the LI Medium forum! LOL Not a soul got bent out of shape. BTW, I donated Tuesday night to the RedCross and again Thurday or Friday. *insert me sticking a tongue out and going na na na na.* <<<<<<that's in place of what I REALLY want to say to you bunch but am holding myself back so I don't get into trouble with our wonderful mods.

SO, mightyQueen, I was right about punching people in the mouth in person? Interesting. Such classy people.

Now I'm no longer upset, just loling at yuz.

ta-ta.
Your friend .....where did she transplant from?

No one says "Joisey". Please. Your friend is full of it. The exit jokes are waaay old and were never that "funny" to begin with.

We're tired of getting crapped on by out of staters and Hollyweird.

We got hit hard and now is NOT the time to use typical BS JERSEY stereotypes to ADDRESS a NJ board.

It would be like calling out to the south after Katrina, "How all you redneck's doing? Save one of the fridges on the front porch?"

Your heart was in the right place, your delivery sucked.

Thanks for thinking of us. It's been a nightmare. Your friend from Jersey should know that.

Old 11-09-2012, 06:46 AM

43,412 posts, read 43,344,037 times
Quote:
Why, yes, yes I do! Y'all being too sensitive. Here is a reply I got from a friend when I emailed her and told her about this crap going on in here. I emailed her because she is from JERSEY....

"Hmm. That Joisey thing has got me wondering. People say it that way all the time but I'm trying to think if it is native people joking on ourselves or not. Either way, I don't think it is offensive. Definitely not as offensive as that person made it out to be. Good thing you didn't joke about big hair and what exit do you live off. Maybe their strings are just wound too tight from the weather."

I then replied I HAD j9oked about Theresa Caputo's BIG HAIR in the LI Medium forum! LOL Not a soul got bent out of shape. BTW, I donated Tuesday night to the RedCross and again Thurday or Friday. *insert me sticking a tongue out and going na na na na.* <<<<<<that's in place of what I REALLY want to say to you bunch but am holding myself back so I don't get into trouble with our wonderful mods.

SO, mightyQueen, I was right about punching people in the mouth in person? Interesting. Such classy people.

Now I'm no longer upset, just loling at yuz.

ta-ta.
It was said humorously, not meant to be taken literally--but of course you know that and just had to add a little more nastiness, didn't you. I don't understand people like you.

Look, I tried to smooth things over for you here by pointing out that you're not a jerk, and then you come back and slap at me with a snide remark? Guess I was wrong. It appears that you simply are just not a very nice person. Go away, please. There are forums for unpleasant, unkind people who like to hide behind the anonymity of the Internet. Try Politics and Other Controversies, lol, you'll find plenty of your kind there!

On 'ignore' you go

Old 11-09-2012, 06:54 AM
PDD

8,776 posts, read 12,771,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It was said humorously, not meant to be taken literally--but of course you know that and just had to add a little more nastiness, didn't you. I don't understand people like you.

Look, I tried to smooth things over for you here by pointing out that you're not a jerk, and then you come back and slap at me with a snide remark? Guess I was wrong. It appears that you simply are just not a very nice person. Go away, please. There are forums for unpleasant, unkind people who like to hide behind the anonymity of the Internet. Try Politics and Other Controversies, lol, you'll find plenty of your kind there!

On 'ignore' you go
Your best response so far

Old 11-09-2012, 10:31 AM

18,967 posts, read 18,065,918 times
DESPAIR, INC., OBSTACLES, Some things can not be overcome with determination and a positive attitude.

Always Look on the Bright Side of Life

Some things in life are bad they can really make you mad
Other things just make you swear and curse
When you're chewin' on life's gristle, don't grumble give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best

Or, maybe, my roof's got a hole in it and I might drown.

It's all just water under under the bridge, unless the water took out the bridge.

Anyway, thanks for asking.

Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 AM

315 posts, read 417,973 times
You're calling us 'classy' sarcastically yet you just told a bunch of Hurricane Victims to go pound all the sand that wash up...Yeah, you're really classy yourself.

Take it from a bunch of "Jerseyites" that Joisey is not a term of endearment nor is it funny and stop arguing about it. It's obnoxious, inaccurate, and immature. You're the one getting all pissy about it, not anyone else. I've literally never heard one person say that.

Anyway, my power went out two nights ago and came back on last night. My fence is destroyed on one side, the gate is broke, and my street looks like a disaster area.

Old 11-09-2012, 01:24 PM

19,868 posts, read 16,093,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

On 'ignore' you go
Too bad MQ has me on iggy so she won't see that I was quite serious in literally taking her response about being punched in the face. I DID NOT know it was said in jest. How could I, it was asked in seriousness and in the "answer" was not a hint of j/k, a smiley icon, nothing. Am I a mind reader? No.

Thank you, MQ, but I did/do not need nor want "intervention" on my behalf. The gesture was nice though.

To whomever lost the fence, I hear you, I lost a big portion of my fence in this storm too. A tree limb too. Sandy did not do that but this one did? Quite a few of us Ma$$holes keep saying this storm was worse than Sandy in our opinions.

Whatever, I feel so bad for those residents who didn't even live ON the beach and whose lives were torn apart by Sandy and now this past storm. I wish them a safe and speedy recovery.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:11 PM

4,076 posts, read 6,363,406 times
Quote:
Too bad MQ has me on iggy so she won't see that I was quite serious in literally taking her response about being punched in the face. I DID NOT know it was said in jest. How could I, it was asked in seriousness and in the "answer" was not a hint of j/k, a smiley icon, nothing. Am I a mind reader? No.
FYI, MQ's use of "LOL" should have been a clue to you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey