U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2012, 03:05 PM

54 posts, read 209,616 times

Advertisements

I know that there's good and a bad parts in all areas. With SP do you know where is the good and bad part of town? we're looking to get a place around 7th street near arbor elementary school. Any inputs will be appreaciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 08:25 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,234,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
I know that there's good and a bad parts in all areas. With SP do you know where is the good and bad part of town? we're looking to get a place around 7th street near arbor elementary school. Any inputs will be appreaciated.

Thanks!
This area is actually Piscataway, not South Plainfield. At that, of all the areas in Piscataway I would rank this the least desirable area and it is very close to the city of Plainfield. While not in-your-face bad, I would consider it rather unstable and rundown. Piscataway schools are pretty good, albeit very mixed in all aspects. Overall this town's demographic leans more toward lower-middle/upper-working class in comparison to the mostly middle to upper-middle class towns in the Middlesex County area. Not a bad town to look in by any stretch, but I would look in a different area in P-way, like maybe the other side of 287. It is a very diverse area.

As for South Plainfield, again it is a mostly blue collar town. Schools are OK from what I have seen. It is much smaller than Piscataway, and it definitely does not have any areas that are as undesirable or sketchy as the Arbor area of P-way near the Plainfield border.

I would look next door in Edison. It is a little more "upscale" and the schools are better, although you will have to deal with the notorious traffic in the area, but that is really the only negative, and the "all built out" syndrome and lack of open space.

Old 11-16-2012, 08:57 AM

Thanks, I didn't even know that that part of town is already Piscataway. We're not exclusively looking at SP, we're also considering Colonia, Iselin are as well. I know you have to have other options when you're searching for a new home. Thanks again!

Old 11-16-2012, 03:51 PM

1,248 posts, read 2,234,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitz View Post
Thanks, I didn't even know that that part of town is already Piscataway. We're not exclusively looking at SP, we're also considering Colonia, Iselin are as well. I know you have to have other options when you're searching for a new home. Thanks again!
Colonia and Iselin are sections of Woodbridge, the next town over from Edison. I would definitely rather live in one of these neighborhoods than that part of Piscataway.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:32 PM

Thanks! do anyone know which are of SP is in a flood zone? i only know that little creek by cedarbrook ave that leads to spring lake. Does any one know is that creek overflows?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey