U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2012, 06:40 AM

409 posts, read 681,108 times

Advertisements

The push for eating local, especially in wealthy communities, should be a boon as well.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 06:40 AM

1,551 posts, read 1,674,208 times
Also, I know that there are several affordable housing units in Wyckoff. If it were me, I would not want my children hanging around poor people. We all know the influence that the poor could have on impressionable minds. Not sure if Ridgewood has any affordable housing.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:49 AM

409 posts, read 681,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
Also, I know that there are several affordable housing units in Wyckoff. If it were me, I would not want my children hanging around poor people. We all know the influence that the poor could have on impressionable minds. Not sure if Ridgewood has any affordable housing.
Actually, we don't all know. Indulge us. What influence do poor people have on impressionable rich minds? And what makes you think that everybody in Ridgewood has money?

Old 11-17-2012, 07:53 AM

43,311 posts, read 42,921,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vfrex View Post
Actually, we don't all know. Indulge us. What influence do poor people have on impressionable rich minds? And what makes you think that everybody in Ridgewood has money?
He posts things like this all the time. Pretty sure it's satirical.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:52 PM

291 posts, read 734,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
No, it's right on Lawlins Road.

Abma's Farm Market & Nursery, New Jersey, Bergen County,

Smart thing to do--if anyone ever finds themselves the owner of a farm in a rapidly developing area, hang onto it. If you are the last owner of a farm in such an area, you will be rich. Tice's farm in Montvale did the same thing for many years--held onto their property and marketed themselves not only with fresh produce, but by adding a "country-style" bakery and other similar products that provided a sense of nostalgia for simple times. I've seen this time and again. Urban people move into formerly rural areas when large houses are slapped up left and right on what used to be family farms, and then they are attracted to the little rural vestiges that tell what the area once was. For the families holding on to those last bits of history, it can be quite profitable.
This is so true! A big part of Tice's land is going to be a Wegman's in a year or two--I love Wegman's, but it's kind of sad nonetheless.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:10 PM

6 posts, read 11,350 times
I would check out www.greatschools.org as you house hunt and go from there or the state report card on the school. No area will have everything perfectly matched to your wants so you find the best fit for you.
Kids grow up quickly too so I would look at the High School test scores and college placements too if this is a high priority for you. I do real estate in both areas. You really can't lose. Ridgewood hass the ease of commute though - very important for some!

Old 11-20-2012, 07:28 AM

151 posts, read 418,486 times
I grew up in Wyckoff, and I would chose to live and raise my kids in Wyckoff over Ridgewood any day! I think it's a matter of preference. Wyckoff always had a rep for great schools, I don't think it really matters what part of town you live in. But maybe things have changed...I haven't live in town since 1996. I always thought of Ridgewood as a little snooty, but it sounds like Wyckoff has gotten that way too now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey