U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-24-2007, 03:23 PM
 
39 posts, read 138,360 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

Hey Guys,

What do you think about OLD BRIDGE and SAYREVILLE.

(1) Schools?
(2) Crime
(3) Neighborhood?

Thanks much!!!

Nan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-24-2007, 04:35 PM
 
Location: Nashville, TN
2,866 posts, read 8,287,222 times
Reputation: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanfromnj View Post
Hey Guys,

What do you think about OLD BRIDGE and SAYREVILLE.

(1) Schools?
(2) Crime
(3) Neighborhood?

Thanks much!!!

Nan
I was told by a friend who has Children in Old Bridge chools that they were good. I like Old Bridge. The neighborhood is good and I doubt there to be much crime.
Sayerville schools don't have the highest rating, but my brother who has two children in them, says they are good. Not a crime area.

My choice of the two would be Old Bridge but the tax Structure in Sayerville is much lower, because there is more industry.

Diane
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-24-2007, 05:29 PM
 
Location: Atlantic Highlands NJ/Ponte Vedra FL/NYC
2,689 posts, read 2,855,105 times
Reputation: 328
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanfromnj View Post
Hey Guys,

What do you think about OLD BRIDGE and SAYREVILLE.

(1) Schools?
(2) Crime
(3) Neighborhood?

Thanks much!!!

Nan
most of old bridge is fine, be wary of anything east of the parkway and sayreville is ok too just make sure you're far away from any industrial sites.
crime is hardly an issue, be careful at the shopping centers for petty nonsense crimes and schools are to put is softly so-so, consider the catholic schools
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2007, 09:04 AM
 
39 posts, read 138,360 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
I was told by a friend who has Children in Old Bridge chools that they were good. I like Old Bridge. The neighborhood is good and I doubt there to be much crime.
Sayerville schools don't have the highest rating, but my brother who has two children in them, says they are good. Not a crime area.

My choice of the two would be Old Bridge but the tax Structure in Sayerville is much lower, because there is more industry.

Diane
Oh sayerville is much of industry place huh hmmm.. will check it out. Thanks Diane


Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
most of old bridge is fine, be wary of anything east of the parkway and sayreville is ok too just make sure you're far away from any industrial sites.
crime is hardly an issue, be careful at the shopping centers for petty nonsense crimes and schools are to put is softly so-so, consider the catholic schools

When you mention catholic schools, you mean the private ones

Thanks

Nan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2007, 09:22 AM
 
9,124 posts, read 32,123,471 times
Reputation: 3519
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanfromnj View Post
Oh sayerville is much of industry place huh
There are some industrial areas in Sayreville, but there are also residential areas. My sister used to live in the Main Street condos, and they were pretty decent. The schools were OK- nothing to rave about, but not horrible either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-25-2007, 06:26 PM
 
687 posts, read 2,913,052 times
Reputation: 142
Nanfromnj, I posted on another thread, but let me know through DM any specific questions you have about the Sayreville schools, and really, the town in general.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2007, 09:11 AM
 
39 posts, read 138,360 times
Reputation: 15
I read Thanks a lot!!!!

Nan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-28-2007, 05:27 PM
 
39 posts, read 138,360 times
Reputation: 15
Hey guys,

Was checking out places in Old bridge this weekend... WOOW.. no kidding NJ is called a garden state. We were driving around Hills of Matchaponix development. it was great !!!

Any idea about this place..me really likes

Nan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2008, 12:43 AM
 
Location: Old Bridge
11 posts, read 35,170 times
Reputation: 17
If you are referring to the Matroponix development, I would reconsider. Property taxes are high and for that money you should look in Marlboro/Manalapan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top