U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 03:23 PM

39 posts, read 138,360 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys,

What do you think about OLD BRIDGE and SAYREVILLE.

(1) Schools?
(2) Crime
(3) Neighborhood?

Thanks much!!!

Nan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2007, 04:35 PM

2,866 posts, read 8,287,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanfromnj View Post
Hey Guys,

(1) Schools?
(2) Crime
(3) Neighborhood?

Thanks much!!!

Nan
I was told by a friend who has Children in Old Bridge chools that they were good. I like Old Bridge. The neighborhood is good and I doubt there to be much crime.
Sayerville schools don't have the highest rating, but my brother who has two children in them, says they are good. Not a crime area.

My choice of the two would be Old Bridge but the tax Structure in Sayerville is much lower, because there is more industry.

Diane

Old 10-24-2007, 05:29 PM

2,689 posts, read 2,855,105 times
Quote:
Hey Guys,

(1) Schools?
(2) Crime
(3) Neighborhood?

Thanks much!!!

Nan
most of old bridge is fine, be wary of anything east of the parkway and sayreville is ok too just make sure you're far away from any industrial sites.
crime is hardly an issue, be careful at the shopping centers for petty nonsense crimes and schools are to put is softly so-so, consider the catholic schools

Old 10-25-2007, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
I was told by a friend who has Children in Old Bridge chools that they were good. I like Old Bridge. The neighborhood is good and I doubt there to be much crime.
Sayerville schools don't have the highest rating, but my brother who has two children in them, says they are good. Not a crime area.

My choice of the two would be Old Bridge but the tax Structure in Sayerville is much lower, because there is more industry.

Diane
Oh sayerville is much of industry place huh hmmm.. will check it out. Thanks Diane

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
most of old bridge is fine, be wary of anything east of the parkway and sayreville is ok too just make sure you're far away from any industrial sites.
crime is hardly an issue, be careful at the shopping centers for petty nonsense crimes and schools are to put is softly so-so, consider the catholic schools

When you mention catholic schools, you mean the private ones

Thanks

Nan

Old 10-25-2007, 09:22 AM

9,124 posts, read 32,123,471 times
Quote:
Oh sayerville is much of industry place huh
There are some industrial areas in Sayreville, but there are also residential areas. My sister used to live in the Main Street condos, and they were pretty decent. The schools were OK- nothing to rave about, but not horrible either.

Old 10-25-2007, 06:26 PM

687 posts, read 2,913,052 times
Nanfromnj, I posted on another thread, but let me know through DM any specific questions you have about the Sayreville schools, and really, the town in general.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:11 AM

I read Thanks a lot!!!!

Nan

Old 10-28-2007, 05:27 PM

Hey guys,

Was checking out places in Old bridge this weekend... WOOW.. no kidding NJ is called a garden state. We were driving around Hills of Matchaponix development. it was great !!!

Any idea about this place..me really likes

Nan

Old 06-02-2008, 12:43 AM

11 posts, read 35,170 times
If you are referring to the Matroponix development, I would reconsider. Property taxes are high and for that money you should look in Marlboro/Manalapan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or