Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 07:37 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,143 times

Advertisements

I hope this post finds you well. I'm a New Jersey prince from the City of Elizabeth. I have a large sum of money that the state of NJ is holding for me. I only need $5,000 dollars filing fee to get this significant sum of money. Should you help me in my quest, I will reward you handsomely...with the best town in NJ for you to live in on your budget.

Last edited by EBWick; 11-17-2012 at 07:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2012, 07:59 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
I hope this post finds you well. I'm a New Jersey prince from the City of Elizabeth. I have a large sum of money that the state of NJ is holding for me. I only need $5,000 dollars filing fee to get this significant sum of money. Should you help me in my quest, I will reward you handsomely...with the best town in NJ for you to live in on your budget.
I just laughed so loud I scared my cat.

That was great. Post of the day.

Old 11-18-2012, 02:09 AM

10 posts, read 13,004 times
Wow... I thought this was about assisting those in need and not otherwise.
Worng place to get it right then..

Old 11-18-2012, 05:40 AM

37 posts, read 66,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_syno View Post
Are you saying that your rental budget is $1000 to $1200?

To give you an example, I found a one bedroom apartment for $979 in Ridgefield, NJ. It's about 10 miles to Manhattan.

Good luck..

930 Banta Place At Broad Avenue, Ridgefield, NJ - Apartment For Rent - Realtor.com®

Old 11-18-2012, 06:42 AM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:

Sorry...but you HAVE to be aware that every last one of us has gotten those stupid email letters from "Nigerian Princes or Princesses" who are trying to scam people into believing that if they just pay a fee of a few thousand dolalrs, the "royal treasure" will be theirs to keep...sending such emails is apparently the favorite pastime of your countrymen and like it or not, those emails are now pretty much the first thing anybody in the US thinks of when they hear "Nigerian". EBWick and I were just having some fun with that.

Back to your questions. Your budget is way out of line. $1000 - $1200 might get you a one-bedroom apartment, as has been demonstrated, but most places are not going to permit you to rent just a one-bedroom apartment when you have children. There are rules against it, mostly based on fire and safety codes. Also, it will be difficult if not impossible to rent anywhere in the first place if you are not employed. Do you have any family or friends here with whom you could stay until you find a job and then look somewhere to move your family?

Old 11-18-2012, 07:32 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
how did you learn to write in english so well?

Old 11-18-2012, 07:59 AM

Ooooh come on guys, its funny how you guys just rope something a few people do in a big country like Nigeria on everyone living there. I think its high time you guys changed all that. Besides, I have not asked for anything other than a good place to live in NJ with my lovely family. So why brand one with such an undeserved character?

Simply bcos a few countrymen are scammers dont make the entire country scammers.
There are plenty of very honest and hard working nigerians all over the world and doing well - To be honest, nigerians doing well are much more than the so called scammers - the margine is too wide to be analysed here and its needless - sad how that dont make the news around the world.

Interesting how we have to deviate from the major topic of this thread but i should say i do understand how u guys feel about nigerians - but whats rather funny is how its being generalised.

I believe we all would agree that sometimes we prefer to be addressed as individuals rather than being addressed by what/how others do/behave simply cos u are from a particular place or region.

Old 11-18-2012, 08:13 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:

Simply bcos a few countrymen are scammers dont make the entire country scammers.

sad how that dont make the news around the world.
interesting

what line of work are you in?

Old 11-18-2012, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retiree67 View Post
Are you saying that your rental budget is $1000 to $1200?

To give you an example, I found a one bedroom apartment for $979 in Ridgefield, NJ. It's about 10 miles to Manhattan.

Good luck..

930 Banta Place At Broad Avenue, Ridgefield, NJ - Apartment For Rent - Realtor.com®

Thanks Retiree67

Old 11-18-2012, 09:21 AM

39 posts, read 115,164 times
If you are coming to the US sight unseen from Nigeria, you've obviously had some help in deciding to be in NJ near Manhattan. I would recommend talking to your friends/family in the states who know you, where you are coming from etc. for guidance rather than a bunch of strangers who have no clue what your needs are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey