Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 06:05 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,041,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Haha - Marc's a Randian. It means making a buck off of Grandma's dead body if need be. If he could sell a million dollar home to a factory worker thanks to the magic of the 2000s Mortgage Underwriting Industry (RIP), he would've.

Marc - underwriters approved Liar Loans, Wall St. re-packaged these crummy loans into mortgage backed debt instruments, Moody's and Standard & Poors labeled everything Aaa, these crazy financial instruments were dumped on investors both big & small for years as housing prices could go nowhere but UP, UP, UP. And SHOCK! when people stopped paying their mortgages in 2007, the whole house of cards came crashing down. The govt. did not have a huge hand in a "free market" clusterf*ck engineered by scammers like the people you work with. If anything, they should've more HEAVILY regulated a huge part of the economy. Like most things Bush, they failed.
Oh yes, underwriters approved liar loans - at the direction of the government that declared that homeownership was to be expanded to all manner of unqualified miscreants. Who behaved exactly as you would have predicted - they defaulted. Once you allow the government to exert control over private industry, and once government directs that industry to act in certain ways deemed beneficial to the collective, and usually in an effort to buy votes and expand political power, then all misfeasance and malfeasance occuring as a result is the fault and responsibility of the government. C'mon, you are obviously a follower and fan of Lenin and Kant, you must understand that, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 06:26 PM

513 posts, read 1,167,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Oh yes, underwriters approved liar loans - at the direction of the government that declared that homeownership was to be expanded to all manner of unqualified miscreants. Who behaved exactly as you would have predicted - they defaulted. Once you allow the government to exert control over private industry, and once government directs that industry to act in certain ways deemed beneficial to the collective, and usually in an effort to buy votes and expand political power, then all misfeasance and malfeasance occuring as a result is the fault and responsibility of the government. C'mon, you are obviously a follower and fan of Lenin and Kant, you must understand that, right?
Marc, you are so lost here. I'll just have to buy you a nice book for Christmas. Have you ever read Radical Responses to Neoliberalism? Radical responses to neoliberalism: immigrant rights in the global era - Springer It's a good primer.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:38 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryanne10 View Post
Marc, you are so lost here. I'll just have to buy you a nice book for Christmas. Have you ever read Radical Responses to Neoliberalism? Radical responses to neoliberalism: immigrant rights in the global era - Springer It's a good primer.
so why dont you teach him what really happened.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:39 PM

Quote:
You are kidding right? Ron Hayduk is an unoriginal second hand run-of-the-mill leftist. If I want lessons in collectivism and statism (I don't), there are far better sources. Like Das Kapital.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:56 PM

513 posts, read 1,167,319 times
Quote:
You are kidding right? Ron Hayduk is an unoriginal second hand run-of-the-mill leftist. If I want lessons in collectivism and statism (I don't), there are far better sources. Like Das Kapital.
He's a very accomplished, full professor at CUNY. And he's family. You have just crossed the line.

Old 11-28-2012, 06:57 PM

271 posts, read 417,236 times
Quote:
so real estate agents that get paid commish are at no fault at all in this whole thing ... its all the govt and the buyers fault ... right ?

Old 11-28-2012, 06:59 PM

271 posts, read 417,236 times
Quote:
Incorrect. Money is property. Money is the condensation of time. It can be utilized or stored for future use. Once earned, it is OWNED. What the heck kind of skool are you attending?
you can own the paper but value can fluctuate ... the only value that the dollar has it what it can be traded for which changes everyday so the value on your "dollar" is only as good as what it brings ... if it brings you nothing its not anything if it brought you a bottle of water it was worth a bottle of water ... if it got you a trip to canada it was worth a trip to canada...

Old 11-28-2012, 07:23 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Quote:
He's a very accomplished, full professor at CUNY. And he's family. You have just crossed the line.
Don't lead with your chin.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
You took that risk when you offered his published work as an argument to my position. The politics in that book and his other works are those of statism, collectivism, eco-fascist environmentalism, immigrant rights (whatever that means), social justice (whatever that means), destructive interventionism, and a whole lot of other Occupy-type class warfare bullcrap. I reject all of it. So don't come out of the woodwork with the feigned indignance and play the scorned family card. The veracity and correctness of one's philosophical and political views are not related to their family connections. Support a philosophy because it is rational and moral, not because your "family" member is a proponent. In other words, think for yourself.

By the way I tossed my Father's politics right into the sewer as soon as I was old enough to realize they were ass-backwards. I still loved him, but his views were irrational and wrong, and he probably inherited them without critical analysis from my lovable old Marxist grandfather, who probably got them directly from Mussolini.

By the way public university professors are the LAST place to learn much of anything these days, especially in the Humanities.

Old 11-28-2012, 07:46 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,635,223 times
Quote:
You took that risk when you offered his published work as an argument to my position. The politics in that book and his other works are those of statism, collectivism, eco-fascist environmentalism, immigrant rights (whatever that means), social justice (whatever that means), destructive interventionism, and a whole lot of other Occupy-type class warfare bullcrap. I reject all of it. So don't come out of the woodwork with the feigned indignance and play the scorned family card. The veracity and correctness of one's philosophical and political views are not related to their family connections. Support a philosophy because it is rational and moral, not because your "family" member is a proponent. In other words, think for yourself.

By the way I tossed my Father's politics right into the sewer as soon as I was old enough to realize they were ass-backwards. I still loved him, but his views were irrational and wrong, and he probably inherited them without critical analysis from my lovable old Marxist grandfather, who probably got them directly from Mussolini.

By the way public university professors are the LAST place to learn much of anything these days, especially in the Humanities.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey