U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-16-2013, 08:10 AM
 
859 posts, read 2,196,814 times
Reputation: 658

Advertisements

Does no one else see that the this really has nothing to do with EZ Pass....?
The OP'er does not have EZ Pass, therefore could not have "forgotten" it.
She HAD HOPED to BORROW (or barrow?) her friend's EZ Pass, but what she actually has a a TOLL VIOLATION.

It's kind of like if she stopped paying her Verizon bill because she meant to switch to AT&T but never got around to it, so she thinks she somehow owes the money to AT&T.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-16-2013, 07:57 PM
 
43,401 posts, read 43,295,296 times
Reputation: 45795
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLynn822 View Post
Does no one else see that the this really has nothing to do with EZ Pass....?
The OP'er does not have EZ Pass, therefore could not have "forgotten" it.
She HAD HOPED to BORROW (or barrow?) her friend's EZ Pass, but what she actually has a a TOLL VIOLATION.

It's kind of like if she stopped paying her Verizon bill because she meant to switch to AT&T but never got around to it, so she thinks she somehow owes the money to AT&T.
LOL. Yes, NJ Goat did, a day before you. See two posts ahead of yours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2013, 07:02 AM
 
859 posts, read 2,196,814 times
Reputation: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LOL. Yes, NJ Goat did, a day before you. See two posts ahead of yours.
Yes, I did see that, hence the "else" in no one else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2013, 07:15 AM
 
43,401 posts, read 43,295,296 times
Reputation: 45795
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherLynn822 View Post
Yes, I did see that, hence the "else" in no one else.
I didn't catch it until I read his post! We must be so intertwining "EZ-Pass" with "tolls" in our minds now that we forget where one ends and the other begins.

Eventually there will be no more cash tolls, but EZ-Pass still will not be the only payment method. People from states that are not in an electronic tolling reciprocity agreement with NJ, for example, will be billed in some other way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2013, 08:56 AM
 
Location: NJ & NV
5,069 posts, read 10,950,825 times
Reputation: 1806
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I didn't catch it until I read his post! We must be so intertwining "EZ-Pass" with "tolls" in our minds now that we forget where one ends and the other begins.

Eventually there will be no more cash tolls, but EZ-Pass still will not be the only payment method. People from states that are not in an electronic tolling reciprocity agreement with NJ, for example, will be billed in some other way.
There are several toll booths where you either pay by EZ Pass or you can't use that exit and an entire new highway in MD where you either have EZ Pass or they send you a bill in the mail and charge you $3 extra for the bill each time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-18-2013, 11:15 AM
 
43,401 posts, read 43,295,296 times
Reputation: 45795
Quote:
Originally Posted by captne76 View Post
There are several toll booths where you either pay by EZ Pass or you can't use that exit and an entire new highway in MD where you either have EZ Pass or they send you a bill in the mail and charge you $3 extra for the bill each time.
That's the way the world is going. Get used to the term "AET". (All-Electronic Tolling.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:25 PM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top