U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 06:37 AM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,688,054 times

Advertisements

I actually liked everything about Early Learners. All the teachers were great, there was great communication. If I did have any problems the owner took care of it right away.

From the places we looked at this was the best place. Some places we looked at were not nice at all. Since we started him as an infant, the infant room was great compared to someplaces.

Everyone coming in had to be buzzed in, which I liked. They had trips for the kids. The school went from infant - K. My son loved it, and still talks about being there.

Another place we looked at was Tutor Time, this one was in Saddle Brook, it was close to our house, but when we were looking they weren't even open. It is a very nice school inside, but my son was happy were he was and I didn't want to change.

I also didn't want to go with a home based daycare, because I wanted him to have lots of kids to play with, he learned alot at school, plus they would have different people come in and do shows - magician, horse rides, gymnastics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 11:28 AM

23 posts, read 166,381 times
has anyone checked out "children's studio" in east rutherford yet? I'm about to decide on children's studio or early learners.

both are good, however i felt that early learners is a bit more expensive and cramped up with more focus on learning, which i like. their rooms are small with small windows, which i personally felt depressed seeing it, which i didn't like.

children's studio has less kids with less emphasis on learning (but they are learning stuff) and more on physical movements and playtime, which i like, but about 20 minutes further away from my house. they get to spend about 1 hour for playtime, whereas early learners is only 1/2 hour.

anyone care to add more to it?

Old 11-09-2007, 12:20 PM

12,256 posts, read 15,789,306 times
Is anyone familiar with La Petite there? My son attends one here and although I like the teachers more than the program, I've been overall happy with the school. I know there are several there so just lookingfor some feedback

Old 11-10-2007, 06:20 AM

9,166 posts, read 20,201,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooky View Post
I have called YWCA in Ridgewood and they don't take 14 month olds. I have contacted Bergen County office of children and have rec'd several referrals, but none have panned out.
Now I know why a lot of people here I've met have told me they had to stay at home!
Daycare has always been expensive. When I had my daughter in 1993 it was so expensive that most of my salary was going to child care. It made more sense to take a job at night after my Ex came home, plus I worked weekends.

Most places wouldn't take a kid in diapers. You're lucky if you can even find a babysitter that is reasonable.

Old 11-11-2007, 11:08 AM

23 posts, read 166,381 times
If anyone here is lucky enough to have a large house, then it may make sense to sponsor an au-pair from Europe or Asia.

They have websites where young woman (screened) are willing to babysit your kids in exchange for a fee to the agency, stipend for the young woman, room & board and food. When it's past a certain time, you as the parent would take over the responsibilities. They would then have their own free time.

Compared to regular American daycares, I believe it may make financial sense for some families.

Old 11-12-2007, 07:05 AM

1 posts, read 5,040 times
Another vote for Early Learner's. They are wonderful. My daughter went there from 3 years old and even went there for after care.

Old 11-17-2007, 11:39 PM

68 posts, read 214,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Is anyone familiar with La Petite there? My son attends one here and although I like the teachers more than the program, I've been overall happy with the school. I know there are several there so just lookingfor some feedback
Where in the Bergen County area is there a La Petite?

Old 11-17-2007, 11:41 PM

68 posts, read 214,760 times
Does anyone know anything about Puzzles Academy in Lodi?

Old 12-06-2007, 08:29 AM

4 posts, read 23,052 times
Default Family Daycare

Hi all,

I am new here. I am a registered family daycare provider in Montclair, NJ. I have been in business for over 18 years off and on. I have clients that live in Elmwood Park and travel to me, because they like my arrangement. However, I do have 2 openings. And, it looks like there will only be one soon. To all those providers out there..."Hello."

PW

Old 12-13-2007, 01:20 PM

1,024 posts, read 3,009,145 times
I was formerly a director at Rainbow Academy and still love their centers.
They provide excellent care and learning curriculum for children 6 weeks -
kindergarten. A great feature for working parents are the cameras in the
classrooms; you can watch your child throughout the day via the internet. If
you go to their website www.rainbowacademy.com, you can view a virtual tour of
all of their centers.
Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or