U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 05:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,977 times

Advertisements

I have had two kids at Puzzles Academy. My daughter started when they first opened and two years later, I had my son. He is still there and I just think they are absolutely fantastic. Since the building is small, they get to know everybody on a personal level. The director is a pleasure and has helped me on several occasions when I found myself in times of need. It's always clean and the staff is knowledgeable and friendly. My kids love it there!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 08:52 PM

5,340 posts, read 12,340,970 times
This is an older post - but I am looking at child care posts to see if we can help Montclair/Clifton poster, and came across a few things here. As a battle scared veteran of the "daycare" wars... I thought I'd share my experiences with some of the places here....

I did not go to Early Learners, but I did tour it and liked the facility and director very much. My child would have only been there one year when we looked, and DH decided against it because he was leary about it being right next to Teterboro Airport. But I appeared to be a nice center.

I'm not very crazy about Children's Studio in E. Rutherford. It's older and unless enrollments gone down, it was very cramped. (My neice and neighbors daughter went here... I did pick up and drop off a lot. I also toured it for my child.) While I've heard people say good things, it just seemed older, dirtier, not great to me. I did not like that the infants were in pack and plays at the time...that's not the best or safest place for them to be.

Sarkis & Gabrallian - I know everyone raves about it. And it certaily does have its good points. BUT I did not like it. It's too big, too many kids, and I did not feel it was safe enough. DH & I visited several times and security was not what I felt it should be. If you read reviews on greatschools.net others seemed to echo our thoughts so that sealed the deal.

One place I would avoid like the plague is The Meadows School in Rutherford. I visited there once - spent the day with my child there - it was dreadful. Children left unattended, children left with ME (who they did not know from Adam), infants left in a swing for HOURS, food left unrefrigerated...I RAN out of there.

We went to Bright Horizons in Lyndhurst for a while. While I LOVED it while my youngest was little, it started going down hill. There was a lot of turnover and as the kids got older, no real emphasis on education. It was VERY expensive at the time. We made the move after one too many changes for the worse.

We used Harmony in Secuacus. During my time there, I could not say enough good about it. It was non-profit, kid centered, focused on learning but in a fun, age-appropriate way. They had a "water room" and very nice playgrounds. The thing that made me most upset is that they did not have a K-8 program or I swear I'd still be there.

We've also had experience w/ Sabrina's Education Station in E. Rutherford (for Summer Camp). While they can be a little stringent with some rules, I think it's an excellent center. Very nice facility (outdoor facilities are a little limited, but it's lovely inside) and the staff was warm and caring. It's off the beaten path, but worth a look.

Old 10-13-2008, 12:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,745 times
Hello pokky I can help you !I'm a sitting home mum and I can take care of your child I'm also x school teacher .so if you are interested just email me!

Old 10-13-2008, 01:12 PM

1,576 posts, read 5,020,967 times
there is one in Paramus "Prime Time Child Care" i think. My daughter went there a few years back, it was nice

Old 12-31-2008, 08:49 AM

2 posts, read 5,200 times
Early Learner's child care is great, the center is clean and the teachers are great!!

Old 12-31-2008, 09:00 AM

2 posts, read 5,200 times
If you live in Hackensack, NJ you can go to Early Learner's child care in Little Ferry, NJ it's a very good center.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,525 times
Does anyone know any other hospitals in the northern NJ area (I live in Hoboken) that offer onsite child care other than Hackensack University Medical Center? My child is 3 months old and I am looking for a new job where I can put her in daycare closeby.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:45 PM

68 posts, read 214,746 times
Alex44,
You may wish to start up another thread as this one is already over 2 years old.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:56 PM

9,164 posts, read 20,195,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex44 View Post
Does anyone know any other hospitals in the northern NJ area (I live in Hoboken) that offer onsite child care other than Hackensack University Medical Center? My child is 3 months old and I am looking for a new job where I can put her in daycare closeby.
Here is the citydata page on Hoboken; down towards the bottom theres a lot of info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or