U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:59 AM

68 posts, read 214,746 times

Advertisements

We have recently located to Hackensack area and our daughter is now 14 months old and I was looking to get her in a daycare. I have tried several places, but either they have long waiting lists or are rather expensive. If anyone has any advice or can direct me to a good daycare we would greatly appreciate it! Willing to travel out of Hackensack. Thanks to all who reply!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2007, 02:12 PM

625 posts, read 3,261,879 times
Well my mom just opened a day care center. She is home based and in Paterson a few blocks off of route 20. It's a nice quiet neighborhood, she only feeds her babies home cooked meals, and it's a small environment so she has a learning curriculum for them to follow. She takes 6 months-3 years. Not sure if you would be interested but I thought I would put that out there.

Old 10-15-2007, 03:23 PM

63 posts, read 318,313 times
You might want to try YWCA of Bergen County. My son goes to preschool there but I know they also have all day child care. Their main building is in Ridgewood but they have other facilities within bergen county.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:24 PM

432 posts, read 1,690,101 times
Call Bergen County Office for Children for referrals to family child care providers. With a 14 month old, this is often the best option.

I believe they also do referrals to centers. And you're right, the better centers that provide care for infants and toddlers are often full.

I told neekah to have her mom look into the New jersey family child care provider association. They're a professional association for child care providers, but when I was active there were sometimes contacts for parents to call to find out who the member providers were in their area. With that association you are more likely to have someone who keeps decent records, practices according to a professional standard, maintains liability insurance, and is always networking for new activities and ideas.

Depending on which way you are driving, Neekah's mom might just do it for you!

If the office for children only gives you three names, press them for more. The quality varies widely, and why should you keep calling back? Be sure to tell them where you are willing to go.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:16 PM
GJM

465 posts, read 1,687,884 times
My son went to Early Learners in Little Ferry. I worked in Hackensack and he went there from 6 months until Kindergarten.

Old 10-16-2007, 01:25 PM

2 posts, read 14,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooky View Post
We have recently located to Hackensack area and our daughter is now 14 months old and I was looking to get her in a daycare. I have tried several places, but either they have long waiting lists or are rather expensive. If anyone has any advice or can direct me to a good daycare we would greatly appreciate it! Willing to travel out of Hackensack. Thanks to all who reply!

The Sarkis & Siran Gabrellian Child Care and Learning Center is wonderful. It's affiliated with the Hackensack University Medical Center and I can't say enough nice things about the staff. My daughter was there from the age of 3 months thru kindergarten. It's considered pricey by many, BUT meals, snacks, diapers and formula is included. It's kindergarten program is excellent.

Sarkis & Siran Gabrellian Child Care and Learning Center

Old 10-19-2007, 12:03 PM

Thanks to all who responded. I was hoping to put my daughter in a center to have more children around than at a home based place. I have information for Sarkis and Siran but they charge way too much than what we can afford, plus, I've left messages for them and they don't return calls. I have called YWCA in Ridgewood and they don't take 14 month olds. I have contacted Bergen County office of children and have rec'd several referrals, but none have panned out.
Now I know why a lot of people here I've met have told me they had to stay at home!

Old 10-19-2007, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJM View Post
My son went to Early Learners in Little Ferry. I worked in Hackensack and he went there from 6 months until Kindergarten.
What did you like/dislike about the center? Thanks

Old 11-04-2007, 09:10 PM

2 posts, read 24,812 times
Default Bergen County daycare

I am also in need of a daycare in the Hackensack/Bergen County area and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Kidz-Kazoom in Paramus. I have searched the web for reviews and haven't come across anything substantial. Anyone?

Old 11-04-2007, 09:12 PM

2 posts, read 24,812 times
As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't even drive through it. Unless, of course, I had bullet proof glass windows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or