Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2012, 06:34 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,902,279 times

Advertisements

Can I bring toothpaste, shaving scream, a razor to shave with. I would assume I can't bring the razor because it has a blade.

But I haven't got on an airplane since 911 so I am clueless.

What about my medications--some are Class 2 drugs--can I bring them.

I hate to fly and hate Texas even more--so what can I bring? Thanks. Texas sucks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2012, 06:49 PM

9,317 posts, read 20,993,806 times
Can I Bring My ...? | Transportation Security Administration

Can I bring toothpaste, Yes (Small size)

shaving scream ( No )
, a razor to shave with. (no)

What about my medications--some are Class 2 drugs--can I bring them. Yes in the Original Rx Packaging (in your name).

Read the 311 Make Your Trip Better Using 3-1-1 | Transportation Security Administration

You will need to take off your shoes to clear security, and remove your laptop into a seperate bin.

And you will need Photo ID... See 1st link

Old 12-09-2012, 09:37 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,020,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyonpa View Post
Can I Bring My ...? | Transportation Security Administration

Can I bring toothpaste, Yes (Small size)

shaving scream ( No )
, a razor to shave with. (no)
I disagree. You can bring a disposable razor of any brand and shave cream as long as it's under 3.2 ounces. My husband does this all the time and I always have a razor in my carry on.

Quote:
What about my medications--some are Class 2 drugs--can I bring them. Yes in the Original Rx Packaging (in your name).
While it's of course wise to carry them in original containers (particularly if they are controlled) it is NOT required by the TSA. The only time they TSA would need to see a prescription label is if they are liquids/gels over 3.2 ounces. I dump my pills into a single container unless I'm flying internationally and the TSA doesn't care. They never looked at them even once, and I have taken over 200 flights through over 30 airports in the past few years.

Quote:
Read the 311 Make Your Trip Better Using 3-1-1 | Transportation Security Administration

You will need to take off your shoes to clear security, and remove your laptop into a seperate bin.

And you will need Photo ID... See 1st link
The travelers age will determine if they need to remove shoes or not.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:16 AM

2,098 posts, read 3,523,134 times
What airline you flying? United or American? If you are flying United the TSA in Terminal C are pretty f-ing awful at doing their jobs.

Sometimes you can sneak things through security and they won't pick up on it. I accidently snuck a lighter through security when I was flying from Houston to Newark about a month ago.

Old 12-09-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
What airline you flying? United or American? If you are flying United the TSA in Terminal C are pretty f-ing awful at doing their jobs.

Sometimes you can sneak things through security and they won't pick up on it. I accidently snuck a lighter through security when I was flying from Houston to Newark about a month ago.
American Airlines.

Thanks for the information everyone!

Old 12-09-2012, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post

If it was a regular lighter, you didn't "sneak" anything, they have been allowed for a couple of years now. Only the torch type lighters for pipes and cigars are not allowed in carry-on luggage.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:19 PM

So I guess no cologne--since it's over the ounce limit. I guess I won't smell too good on these business meeting.

By the way I will be staying at The Gaylord: Dallas Hotels - Dallas TX Hotel Deals - Grapevine Hotel Packages - Grapevine Hotels

Anyone have experience there?

Old 12-09-2012, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
So I guess no cologne--since it's over the ounce limit. I guess I won't smell too good on these business meeting.

By the way I will be staying at The Gaylord: Dallas Hotels - Dallas TX Hotel Deals - Grapevine Hotel Packages - Grapevine Hotels

Anyone have experience there?
As long as you shower daily and use deodorant, you will smell fine. Not everyone feels that cologne smells good, and many of us are sensitive to it and have a strong preference that it not be worn. Chances are I'd think you stank if you were wearing it, but if you were recently bathed and wearing deodorant, I'd think you smelled "good."

Gaylord hotels are nice but not the Four Seasons. I'd compare the one in Grapevine to a typical better Hilton or Marriott.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:41 PM

50,717 posts, read 36,411,320 times
It's 3 ounces. You can pour some of the cologne into a 3-ounce plastic bottle, they sell them now in every drug store, some even have pump spray tops. You just have to then put the bottles in a small size ziplock bag, and put it through the conveyor basket separately from your carry on luggage. You can bring safety razors, too. I bring my migraine meds in a pill fob, never labeled and they never ask me what's in it.

P.S., Dallas is a great airport, you can get good barbeque there (the dry rub too, which I love and is so hard to find in the NE) Dallas itself is fun too, if you have time check out the Kennedy Museum, even the outside is kind of surreal and very interesting, and I think it's cool that they let all the conspiracy theorists set up their "evidence tables" right on the museum property.

Old 12-09-2012, 01:44 PM

Okay thanks to both of you! I appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: