Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 10:38 AM

2,283 posts, read 3,934,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Alright, not to hijack but I have to defend Harry. I don't know how someone could define him as "useless", he is a brave and courageous member of the military who insists on being with his fellow troops even though it is even more dangerous for him to be. I think the two of them are great examples of a family who takes seriously the concept of service to their country.
I don't think the royal military would put him in a dangerous position in Afghanistan where he could possibly have to defend himself and others. I think it was mostly a photo op to generate positive publicity for the royal family. Did he even serve a full tour? The fact that he has other royal duties, including travel, tells me he's a part-time soldier. But, not to belittle him, I guess that's the nature of being a royal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2012, 01:19 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
You really can't compare the two events.
I'm not comparing the events, I'm comparing the public reaction to the officials who were in charge during those events. I'm surprised I really have to explain this.

Old 12-23-2012, 06:31 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,143 times
He is definitely one of the most fat-enating people I know

Old 12-23-2012, 08:34 AM

1,097 posts, read 2,046,193 times
Christie is only "fascinating" to someone who didn't grow up in blue-collar or middle class NY/NJ metro area. He's my loud-mouth neighbor, he's that little league parent who takes over, he's the vice-principal at the high school ---- we all know & love/hate these guys. Nothing to do with politics or policies -- it's attitude that fascinates everyone else.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj185 View Post
Christie is only "fascinating" to someone who didn't grow up in blue-collar or middle class NY/NJ metro area. He's my loud-mouth neighbor, he's that little league parent who takes over, he's the vice-principal at the high school ---- we all know & love/hate these guys. Nothing to do with politics or policies -- it's attitude that fascinates everyone else.
This is true. In Iowa they're "fascinated" with his big mouth. Around here I see J.O.'s like him all over the place. Cutting in line, yelling out their car windows, thinking their brat is the best thing since sliced bread when he's a booger-nosed version of the rude parent. They're not really liked or respected, but they think they are.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:11 PM

607 posts, read 958,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
He is definitely one of the most fat-enating people I know
I see this types pf posts by you and am reminded of a comment you made in another thread re: President Obama:

Quote:
Attack the man's ideas, not his race.
I posted a follow-up there, but you never replied - I'll try again:

I do agree with your statement, but does it work for you as well if I change one word?

Attack the man's ideas, not his weight.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ07035 View Post
I see this types pf posts by you and am reminded of a comment you made in another thread re: President Obama:

I posted a follow-up there, but you never replied - I'll try again:

I do agree with your statement, but does it work for you as well if I change one word?

Attack the man's ideas, not his weight.
A man can't control his race. He can do something about his weight. If he goes for higher office it will become an issue in this 24/7 media driven society.

Old 12-24-2012, 07:56 AM

607 posts, read 958,050 times
Quote:
A man can't control his race. He can do something about his weight. If he goes for higher office it will become an issue in this 24/7 media driven society.
You are dancing around the question

I never said Obama could change his race, or that Christie could not lose weight

Again, your statement (Attack the man's ideas, not his race) implies - correctly, by the way - that it is the substance of the person's politics, not his appearance, that should be discussed and debated.

So, should not the same hold true for Christie?

Old 12-24-2012, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ07035 View Post
You are dancing around the question

I never said Obama could change his race, or that Christie could not lose weight

Again, your statement (Attack the man's ideas, not his race) implies - correctly, by the way - that it is the substance of the person's politics, not his appearance, that should be discussed and debated.

So, should not the same hold true for Christie?
I don't like his policies much either. Our unemployment rate is stubbornly high and I don't see the cost-of-living improving much. Instead of "no new taxes," it's fees that go up all over NJ.

Old 12-24-2012, 03:56 PM

1,931 posts, read 3,413,291 times
Quote:
I don't like his policies much either. Our unemployment rate is stubbornly high and I don't see the cost-of-living improving much. Instead of "no new taxes," it's fees that go up all over NJ.
Very true regarding the new taxes but thats the case all over the region. That being said I dont hear the other politicians raving about how they havent raised taxes as much as Christie. To me any of those fees are taxes because I pay them. I really love paying that 13 and change on the turnpike roundtrip. Wait do I pay that or does Santa?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey