Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2012, 08:15 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times

Advertisements

Some say they witnessed history when they watched a man walk on the moon. Some witnessed the Berlin Wall come down. Some of us watched the greatest fight on earth with Joe Frazer and Mohammad Ali. Some even saw the Miracle Mets in 69.

BUT HOW MANY HAVE SEEN BON JOVI AND BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN ON THE SAME STAGE SINGING DUET !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

We witnessed history tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2012, 08:21 PM

809 posts, read 2,188,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorasMom View Post
Makes me miss Jersey SO MUCH.
Me too. I moved south about 23 years ago and truly felt NJ was a love I had left behind, but Sandy and the devastation to the shore, has brought me to my knees.

I am so upset and broken over this. And, I guess it made me realize my heart never really left the shore.

I never expected to feel this way. Never.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:26 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityMadMan View Post

I am digging the Stones, but Keith looks like a friggin ghost!
Considering his steady diet of heroin and cigarettes for the past 50+ years, I thought he looked pretty good.

Anyone going to see The Stones tomorrow night in Newark? I'm taking my daughter.

Old 12-12-2012, 08:56 PM

1,247 posts, read 3,025,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Considering his steady diet of heroin and cigarettes for the past 50+ years, I thought he looked pretty good.

Anyone going to see The Stones tomorrow night in Newark? I'm taking my daughter.
I wish. Kinda wished they played more songs like The Who are doing now. I am amazed that Pete and Roger still keep it going this long though the other two are gone. They are always the highlight of any concert like this.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:06 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,530 times
Kanye West and the Drunk Uncle went over like lead balloons. Lack of talent is such a drag. I mean, Kanye after the Who??? And Eric the God Clapton? The show was great up through the Who!

Thank God Billy Joel is saving the show!

Old 12-12-2012, 10:13 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,658,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post
Kanye West and the Drunk Uncle went over like lead balloons. Lack of talent is such a drag. I mean, Kanye after the Who??? And Eric the God Clapton? The show was great up through the Who!

I agree, probably because you are right. Too bad the majority are gullible and clap for something they do not truly like. I do applaud the guy for giving his time but has no business giving his talent because he has none. No wrappers do though. Yes that was spelled properly and quite intentionally.

Yours truly is not the biggest Billy Joel fan but he did save the show.

Did I miss something or did Bruce do nothing but the one song with Jon? If he came out to sing "My Hometown" all faces would be dripping with uncontrollable emotion.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:21 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,150,530 times
Bruce sang several songs, including "My City in Ruins" and "Born to Run"! He was just great.

I do love Billy but perhaps he shouldn't sing "Only the Good Die Young" anymore. That song is about a boy urging his girlfriend to lose "it" with him, which was fine years ago but now makes him seem like he wants really young girls. Oh, well. Loved the rest of his set.

Old 12-13-2012, 12:39 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewJerseyMemories View Post

People there had to go to the restroom sometime.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:31 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,138,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
Some say they witnessed history when they watched a man walk on the moon. Some witnessed the Berlin Wall come down. Some of us watched the greatest fight on earth with Joe Frazer and Mohammad Ali. Some even saw the Miracle Mets in 69.

BUT HOW MANY HAVE SEEN BON JOVI AND BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN ON THE SAME STAGE SINGING DUET !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

We witnessed history tonight.
They're on stage often. I've seen them together live at least 3 times that I can recall. Once in NYC, once in NJ, and once in DC. Look around, they perform together a couple times a year (jon and bruce, that is).

Jon Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen - It's my life - YouTube

Bruce Springsteen with JBJ And Richie Hungry Heart - YouTube

bruce springsteen/jon bon jovi - 10th avenue freeze-out - YouTube

Old 12-13-2012, 06:00 AM

88,580 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Just listened to Adam Sandler singing. Apparently they had the delay messed up. About one second after every curse word there was a second of silence. Pretty funny.
Someone on the NY board was complaining about the curse words being bleeped out. I was watching on a channel called WLNY, and there was no bleeping at all.

Sandler was hilarious.

Unfortunately, I get up before 5 so I shut off the TV after The Who came on and went to bed. I am guessing I'll be able to see the rest on the Internet somewhere this weekend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey