Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 08:09 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,974,152 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2013, 08:15 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
The Onion as usual nails it:

SAN DIEGO—Following the events of last week, in which a crazed western lowland gorilla ruthlessly murdered 21 people in a local shopping plaza after escaping from the San Diego Zoo, sources across the country confirmed Thursday that national gorilla sales have since skyrocketed.

“After seeing yet another deranged gorilla just burst into a public place and start killing people, I decided I need to make sure something like that never happens to me,” said 34-year-old Atlanta resident Nick Keller, shortly after purchasing a 350-pound mountain gorilla from his local gorilla store. “It just gives me peace of mind knowing that if I’m ever in that situation, I won’t have to just watch helplessly as my torso is ripped in half and my face is chewed off. I’ll be able to use my gorilla to defend myself.”

Gorilla Sales Skyrocket After Latest Gorilla Attack | The Onion - America's Finest News Source
wow, is all of the onions material as not funny or clever as this?

Old 01-11-2013, 08:17 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,073,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
wow, is all of the onions material as not funny or clever as this?
You'll like this classic Glen Beck one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-faCh8BUEts

Old 01-11-2013, 10:47 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

The mutant was shot 5 times, yet still tried to escape. Fortunately he failed. I just hope she shot him in such a way that reproduction is no longer possible.

Good job by this gun wielding mom who had just learned to shoot.

It would have been easier if she had a more powerful weapon, and the cretin would not have lived. Now we have to prosecute him, convict him, and lock him up in jail and pay for his recovery. If mom had a proper and more powerful weapon, he'd be dead, and the world would be a slightly better place.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:10 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,668,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

The mutant was shot 5 times, yet still tried to escape. Fortunately he failed. I just hope she shot him in such a way that reproduction is no longer possible.

Good job by this gun wielding mom who had just learned to shoot.

It would have been easier if she had a more powerful weapon, and the cretin would not have lived. Now we have to prosecute him, convict him, and lock him up in jail and pay for his recovery. If mom had a proper and more powerful weapon, he'd be dead, and the world would be a slightly better place.
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...gun_store.html

Quote:
A seven-year-old boy was shot to death when his father’s handgun went off in the parking lot of a western Pennsylvania gun store. The boy, Craig Loughrey, was settling into his safety seat in the back of his father’s car when the gun accidentally went off and pierced his chest, reports the Associated Press. The boy died at the scene.
El Paso County father shoots at son's roommate, hits son - The Denver Post

Quote:
The elder DeCarlo kicked Fancher out, according to the Sheriff's Department. When Fancher came back to the home to get his things, things got out of hand.
"As he was picking up those items, Glenn fired multiple rounds at Matthew but struck Anthony by mistake," the Sheriff's Department stated in a media release.

Retired Cop Fatally Shoots Own Son, After Mistaking Him For Burglar « CBS Chicago

Quote:
Sometime late Monday night, or early Tuesday morning, Michael went out for a short time.

“My brother was staying there, and last I heard they were watching the Jay Leno Show, and my dad fell asleep,” Stephen Griffin said. “And I guess he assumed my brother was at home sleeping, and when someone came in the back door, he just naturally assumed it was an intruder.”
Should we go link for link spamming anecdotes?

Old 01-11-2013, 11:33 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
We could, there are hundreds of good ones where homeowners and good guys shoot evil predators. But I liked this one especially, since she nailed the invader 5 times and she had just learned to shoot. Good going! We need more armed good guys. And girls.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:43 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,668,651 times
Quote:
We could, there are hundreds of good ones where homeowners and good guys shoot evil predators. But I liked this one especially, since she nailed the invader 5 times and she had just learned to shoot. Good going! We need more armed good guys. And girls.
...there are even more reporting senseless tragedy. The statistics are what matters, but you seem intent on ignoring them in this instance since it doesn't prove your point.

Old 01-11-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
There are far more accidental shooting from...ahem..."responsible" gun owners. Not even close.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:12 PM

I remember this wacko soccer mom. Mommy always carried her 9MM in a holster. Wonder how Hubby snuck up on her?

A mother of three who became a voice of the gun-rights movement when she openly carried a loaded pistol to her daughter's soccer game was fatally shot along with her husband, a parole officer and former prison guard, in an apparent murder-suicide at their home.

Autopsies were planned Friday for Meleanie Hain, 31, and Scott Hain, 33, who were pronounced dead shortly after 8:30 p.m. Wednesday at their brick home in this small city about 80 miles west of Philadelphia.

Gun-toting soccer mom found shot dead - US news - Crime & courts | NBC News

Old 01-11-2013, 04:17 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
Quote:
There are far more accidental shooting from...ahem..."responsible" gun owners. Not even close.
Care to quantify that with some facts?

I didn't think so...however since the number of gun deaths is in the thousands and the number of protective gun uses is in the millions....You certainly will have your work cut out for you trying!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey