U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 01:39 PM

72 posts, read 190,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmmadude View Post
1luvvt, it helps very much. Tell me more about the people being standoffish in Brigantine. Is it like that in Northfield and EHT as well? I got the impression people were much friendlier there than they were in central NJ, am I wrong in that respect?

Also, isn't it too expensive to live in Ocean City? I mean with homeowner's insurance and being so close to the water?
not any different in ocean city then anywhere else cost-wise. the people in northfeild and eht are very nice. you get a diversity in either town. i live now in ocean county and again most of the people are nice.
brigentine is just very isolated and the people seem to be causious of visitors. i went to achs witch included brigentine kids. i made some friends from there. i also use to do carpentry and sometimes we would work in brigentine. we were never treated nice. from drawing permits to getting suppies from stores, we were just treated nastey.

you also mentioned night life. oc has blue-laws which mean NO real night life unless you have kids(oc is very kid friendly)IMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2008, 03:56 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,033,462 times
Default Waretown - 40 Mins Or Less North Of Ac

Nice town quiet......We're about 15 mins from long beach island........selling our 4-5 bedroom, 4 full colonial home with in-law apt.....nice area........taxes approx 5400.......asking 412k (negotiable).....on a 100x250 lot.....have pics

Old 01-20-2008, 10:57 PM

50 posts, read 157,255 times
Thank you all for taking time to provide me (and others) with such a wealth of information! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:54 PM

Smile Answering my own question...

Atlantic City?! Blech!! Visited like three weeks ago. I thought it would be a mini Vegas...Not! Won't be relocating there, but Ocean City or Somers Point...WOW!

Old 05-19-2008, 03:46 PM

839 posts, read 1,168,980 times
Tell me more about Somers Point please, my wife and I are still considering the move to Atlantic County

Old 05-22-2008, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmmadude View Post
Tell me more about Somers Point please, my wife and I are still considering the move to Atlantic County
Our hotel was in Somers Point...Sigh. 5 minutes away from Ocean City...Sigh too. Sweet and charming towns. We went just to hang out at the shore for the weekend but fell in love with the area and can't wait to go back again and then someday to stay. Its like rural but not at all the sticks and it was like the suburbs but more old-fashioned and not so cramped and right near the shore. It is clean and pretty and serene, has lots of trees...but also has shopping plazas and conveniences, right off the main highway and just 20 minutes from (icky) AC. The sense I got from observation and interaction with the people there was that they are happy and good to each other. It didn't seem like the residents are pretentious or snooty. Strangers walk past and acknowledge you with a smile or nod instead of ignoring you, we were treated with courtesy everywhere we went...our hotel, the boardwalk, the pizza shop, on the sidewalk, in the convenient and grocery store/gas station...everywhere! The main street in OC is lined with shops and it seems (and per one pizza shop owner more than happy to tell me all about his hometown) its a bustling place in the summer and relaxed in the off-season...A perfect combination! What a great FEELING I got from those two places and even thinking about it now...Somers Point/Ocean City (or bust)! We're planning to go again in June already, we love it all that much.

(BTW: I've been to OC Maryland and it doesn't hold a candle to OC NJ!)

Old 05-28-2008, 07:17 AM

839 posts, read 1,168,980 times
Interesting! Thanks for filling me in. My wife and I are really torn as to whether to look at Atlantic or Burlington Counties. We were leaning more toward Burlington, but this may make us take a closer look at Atlantic. Thank you!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or