Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2007, 07:19 AM

2 posts, read 5,190 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I would like to move and relocate to a new town.
I enjoy people and would like to live in a town which has excitement.caring people and lots of activities.
Please let me know if you have any ideas for me.
I have a senior in high school and would like to get him involved in the business.

Preferablely I would like to own property where business is located.
Owner financing would be an option for me too.

Please let me know if you can suggest a new area.

Dee

Last edited by nypisces0302; 10-17-2007 at 07:21 AM.. Reason: Seeking new Lifestyle with business
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 08:08 AM

2,210 posts, read 7,026,649 times
What kind of business? What size of town? What other factors are important? Where are you coming from?

Old 10-17-2007, 10:52 AM

299 posts, read 1,333,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilo81 View Post
If you want an artsy town with business you should look into Atlantic City, Jersey City, Newark or Camden, plenty of artsy people there and businesses to gain experience.

Haddonfield, Medford, Lambertville & many others in the south Jersey area. Artsy with plenty to do but don't know what type of business you are interested in

Old 10-17-2007, 02:48 PM

209 posts, read 1,683,806 times
Maplewood is pretty artsy and has a downtown business district (as does its sister city, South Orange). Ditto for Montclair. You might want to look into those.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:55 PM

209 posts, read 1,683,806 times
Though the poster is probably a troll, the funny thing is that Newark, JC, and Atlantic City probably do have some of the better art scenes in NJ. Newark has the NJ PAC, JC has had an arts scene downtown from NYers fleeing Manhattan rents, and Altantic City has a lot of live entertainment (although that may stretch the definition of art in some people's opinions). Not that they are all idyllic, but all three do have something for art lovers.

Old 10-17-2007, 07:31 PM

56 posts, read 290,760 times
Default Consider Essex County

It depends on what you're looking for and what type of home and/or work you're interested in. When I say that Montclair and the surrounding towns, Bloomfield, Verona, West Orange, Glen Ridge, Nutley, Clifton...are where alot of folks move to with a more artistic focus.
If you're looking for a fun, pulse filled, progressive setting, suburban but commuter to NYC and has all the amenities of metropolitan life...museums, art, music, theatre, etc. check out Montclair!
Good luck.
Elaine

Last edited by Global Friend; 10-18-2007 at 04:56 AM.. Reason: please stop advertising

Old 10-28-2007, 06:55 PM

2 posts, read 9,685 times
I would agree Montclair has all of that, the key concern is you are paying the highest taxes in the state, and have a mediocre school system. Those who are wealthy, send their kids to private school. Those that can't afford that, just go with the flow and hope for the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey