U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2007, 09:02 AM

3 posts, read 18,647 times

Advertisements

Recently, I have been looking for a house in Roselle for me and my family but I don't no where to start. I don't know where the good parts of Roselle are. Is Sheridan Ave in a good area of Roselle? How is the school system there? I chose Roselle because I heard some good things about that town and I figure it can't be any worse than Jersey City. Any info regarding this area would be appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2007, 11:14 AM

5 posts, read 19,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocafella View Post
Recently, I have been looking for a house in Roselle for me and my family but I don't no where to start. I don't know where the good parts of Roselle are. Is Sheridan Ave in a good area of Roselle? How is the school system there? I chose Roselle because I heard some good things about that town and I figure it can't be any worse than Jersey City. Any info regarding this area would be appreciated.
Roselle is a very ethnically diverse town but it's had it's share of difficulties over the past 25 years. Taxes are pretty high. If you have kids, the public high school has a good basketball team - They're very fierce from what I hear. The alternative would be Roselle Catholic or St. Joe's on 3rd Avenue.

The streets between Warinaco Park and Walnut Street (E. 2nd Ave through 6th) traditionally have been very neighborhoodly and stable. Nice old homes everywhere. I would think it's a better choice than Jersey City. More trees and parks.

Old 10-18-2007, 02:07 PM

Thanks for the help Jerseygal123.

Old 11-11-2007, 12:19 PM

6 posts, read 20,616 times
Roselle homes may seem affordable but the TAXES are the HIGHEST in Union County!

Although Roselle spends more per student than any other town in Union County - Roselle schools have some of the LOWEST TEST SCORES IN THE STATE!

At this time Roselle is planning to borrow upwards of $20,000,000.00 to build a new football field and centralized kindergarten building right next to the firehouse.
ADD THAT $20M ONTO YOUR TAX BILL!

The only schools worth anything are Saint Josephs for grammar school and Roselle Catholic that is a regional high school. Both are costly.

Don't think of Roselle if you want an education for your kids or if you want to have a reasonable housing expense.

Old 11-13-2007, 04:37 PM

Thanks for your imput. What town or towns would you suggest?

Old 11-13-2007, 09:12 PM

562 posts, read 2,374,064 times
an alternative is Rollese PARK.. on the other side of westfield ave..

Old 11-13-2007, 09:24 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,869,418 times
You could also try the Sunnyside area of Linden

Old 11-14-2007, 03:53 PM

131 posts, read 520,312 times
Best part of Roselle is West Side by Pine St, W3rd wheatchief st , I have been working in Roselle for 3 years rebuilding the railroad and been there from 5am till 5 pm and seen ever streen at every time of the day and its been nice and quiet. Nice houses there, very clean unlike east side you go to liquer store on Saint George ave and you look through 1 in glass and bars and more crime and gangs activity ( seen a lot in 3 years working there) but try to stay on west side nothing compared to other side.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:19 PM

1 posts, read 4,037 times
Nobi,

You seem to know the area well...are you familiar with the Warren J. Lockwood Village Apartments on Wood Avenue?? Whats the crime activity like on that side? I am considering moving there and need some feedback

Old 09-03-2011, 07:40 AM

294 posts, read 585,014 times
Other than a relatively nice commute to NYC, the town does not offer enough incentives for the amount of high property taxes it charges to its residents. Can anyone tell why are taxes in both Roselles so danm high? For that matter, you would be better off in Cranford or any other adjacent town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey