Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2013, 08:27 PM

3 posts, read 11,234 times

Advertisements

I am planning to move to Hillsborough and want to know how the school system is. I am particularly interested in the Elementary and Middle school as my kid is still 3.

The homes there are not cheap like many other areas in NJ. I see that the adjacent Montgomery Township is better than Hillsborough but the home prices are a lot higher.

I am following the NJ education site here:
New Jersey Department of Education | Report Card

I see that Grade 3 got better in the last one year but Grade 4 Math and Science dropped by 10%. I agree that I should see the overall big picture and improvement for the school district but info from folks with more direct knowledge is far more valuable than these numbers from NJ Education website.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2013, 02:11 PM

1 posts, read 3,074 times
[url=http://www.hillsborough-nj.org/]Township of Hillsborough - Main Home Page[/url]

2011 CNN Money #53 Best Places to Live: [url=http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2011/snapshots/CS3431890.html]Best Places to Live 2011 - Top 100: Town details: Hillsborough, NJ - from MONEY Magazine[/url]

There are 6 elementary schools but only 1 Intermeiate School (grades 5-6), 1 Middle School (grades 7-8) and 1 High School (9-12): [url=http://www.htps.us/site/default.aspx?PageID=1]Hillsborough Township Public Schools / HTPS[/url]

Montgomery is more academic; Hillsborough is balanced a little more (i.e. recognized also for) with Sports

Old 11-10-2014, 01:56 PM

3 posts, read 5,568 times
Hi sjt2,

I hope you're still getting posts. I might be moving to Hillsborough, NJ, too. I have all the questions you had before moving in 2013. I was wondering if you could give me any advice… mainly how to use the frustrating site. I can't find anything like how to post a question. This is why I'm answering your question from 1 year ago.

Thanks so much!
Pink

Old 11-10-2014, 01:59 PM

3 posts, read 5,568 times
Default Hillsborough, NJ

Hi sjt2,

I hope you're still getting posts. I might be moving to Hillsborough, NJ, too. I have all the questions you had before moving in 2013. I was wondering if you could give me any advice… mainly how to use the frustrating site. I can't find anything like how to post a question. This is why I'm answering your question from 1 year ago.

Thanks so much!
Pink

Old 11-10-2014, 02:38 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,940,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Posie Petals View Post
Hi sjt2,

Thanks so much!
Pink
There is a "New Thread" button on the main NJ page.

You might also be interested in this thread: http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...residents.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey