U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2013, 05:16 PM

308 posts, read 686,664 times

Advertisements

I'm considering Kenilworth among towns within my real estate search. I'm looking for a down to earth middle to upper middle class town in suburban NJ. I'm wondering some of the following:

Is this a safe town? (this is my number one priority)

How would you describe the socioeconomic status make-up of this town?

Is this a diverse town?

Is this town prone to flooding?

I plan on sending my kids to private school, so public schools are not a priority to me.

Any feedback on this town would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 09:55 PM

4,932 posts, read 10,459,131 times
Safe, relatively yes, meaning you could probably leave your car open 99% of the time and not expect any problem.
Economics, middle to upper middle.
Diverse, I think it is diverse enough, meaning I don't think anyone has ever had a problem moving there.
Flooding, virtually none I know of, in the last 2 big storms I am not familiar with any flooding in Kenilworth.

Old 01-21-2013, 08:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,893 times
I couldn't have said it better than the poster above . Its exit 138off the Pkwy .Stay away from the area towards roselle though

Old 01-22-2013, 07:14 AM

206 posts, read 382,215 times
I would not consider it upper middle class, definitely more of a working class town. Relatively safe, and pretty awful schools but if you're doing private school thats not as big a concern, just realize it will drag down the value of your house (though you'll probably be able to buy pretty cheap). It was pretty heavily Italian/Irish 10-15 years ago, i think its still similar. People there did seem to have a large sense of town pride, for what its worth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey