Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 02:36 PM

1,450 posts, read 3,452,645 times

Advertisements

I'd like to clarify some of the statements in this thread regarding Flemington. While Hunterdon County (as well as Somerset and Morris County) historically does vote republican, I'd say a better, more accurate description would be that the area is fiscally conservative but socially moderate to fairly liberal.

OP, perhaps it would be a good idea if you took the time to check out the sticky post at the top of the forum (Questions For Future and Potential Residents) and provide your answers so that we can give you truly useful suggestions of towns to consider.

HTH

KoalaNJ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 02:40 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,974,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoalaNJ View Post
I'd like to clarify some of the statements in this thread regarding Flemington. While Hunterdon County (as well as Somerset and Morris County) historically does vote republican, I'd say a better, more accurate description would be that the area is fiscally conservative but socially moderate to fairly liberal.
In other words, in NJ (even in Sussex, Warren, and Hunterdon) co-workers and acquaintances don't come up to you saying "How's your personal relationship with Jesus Christ," or "Have you been saved?" We are regular churchgoers and active in our church, but that kind of thing still weirds me out.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:52 PM

386 posts, read 871,667 times
Why not somewhere in Passaic County?

Old 02-09-2013, 09:07 AM

559 posts, read 1,355,896 times
What kind of small business? I would wonder if at some time the business could come to Nj and where it would fit best.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,477 times
Looking in area to move. I live not far and a familiar with the area. Does anyone know why the houses in the borough are so cheap? Is that not a great area to live in? Looks so great to be able to walk to little restaurants and stuff?
Thanks!!!

Old 08-24-2013, 06:02 AM

901 posts, read 2,247,801 times
Most of the houses are old, very old and need work.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:05 AM

1 posts, read 2,268 times
FLEMINGTON, Charming beautiful, quaint town. Superb Retail/offices and residences exist and there are many business opportunities. It has outlets (the first outlet mall in the US eg), low rents, walk-in areas, ample parking, religious/worship places, etc. You can relocate your retail or business in the prestigious downtown area located in the heart of historic Flemington, NJ and also live nearby, and contrary to other comments it is easy to commute to NYC as there is the Trans-Bridge Line which has commuter buses and there are just 1 or two stops before it goes onto Rt.78 (about 1hr and 15min to PA) . There are a lot of historic buildings and the new malls and next to residential areas with a lot of foot-traffic and you will pay way less than NYC and other NJ areas. You can find work and living spaces with great visibility and within walking to Outlet Mall, Main Street, the Hunterdon County Courthouse, Hall of Records, Post Office, Banks, Cafes, Restaurants, Offices, Antique Stores, Library, Parks with bustling car and foot traffic. There is ample Private and public parking. MUST SEE!! If you want to talk more, you may contact the Flemington Business Development Department or the Boro or call me at 908 - two three one - 6790

Area Description: Flemington, the county seat of Hunterdon County, New Jersey, Only minutes away from Rt 202 and Rt 31. Only 60 miles from New York and 50 miles from Philadelphia, Hunterdon County is an extremely appealing area for corporate headquarters and boasts a lot of Outlets and other stores. Among New Jersey's 21 counties, Hunterdon County ranks top in per capita income.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:11 AM

559 posts, read 1,355,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfosyd View Post
It is one of the most conservative, right wing areas in New Jersey so that is something to bear in mind.

Very red, solidly Romney in the last election unlike his hometown of Belmont, MA or adopted home of La Jolla, CA

No Modern Family here!
You haven't been to Flemington lately have you?

Old 01-01-2014, 06:40 AM

13 posts, read 26,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Flemington is not convenient to NYC, but depending on where in the city you're going the northern part of the county where I'm at might not be that bad. Here in High Bridge we have the train, plus there are stations in Annandale and Whitehouse. We also have the Trans Bridge bus line which runs along Route 78, and some folks just drive it. As far as Hunterdon being conservative, if you look at how the county votes, yes, it is, but what does that mean? People don't walk around with their political party stamped on their forehead. It's not as if you're going to get beat up walking around Hunterdon County or a waiter is going to spit in your food if you're a registered Democrat. I don't know my neighbors' political affiliations and don't care to either.
You're right Badfish, it's best if intolerant, ignorant Leftists just stay out of our beloved county. It's clean, friendly, has low crime and great schools, and we don't need their kind around.

Old 08-12-2021, 11:00 AM

3,960 posts, read 3,595,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OysterCatcher View Post
I like Flemington a lot and Hunterdon County in general is one of my favorite areas of NJ. That said if I had to go to NYC daily I would not suggest living out there. It's just too far.

There are many great options much closer with a similar feel (look at Madison as I suggested). One caveat is you will pay for the convenience. But in the end I believe as many do, the family time is worth it.
What about driving from Flemington to southern Staten Island as a daily commute?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey