U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-22-2007, 06:19 PM

4 posts, read 40,684 times

Advertisements

Hi...I am going to have to stay in a hotel for a month and was considering East Brunswick ...hotel prices are cheap. Is it safe place for 2 females to stay for an extended period of time?
Thanks for your replies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 06:23 PM

2,689 posts, read 460,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkhaze View Post
Hi...I am going to have to stay in a hotel for a month and was considering East Brunswick ...hotel prices are cheap. Is it safe place for 2 females to stay for an extended period of time?
Thanks for your replies.
it is as safe as any suburban place can be, use your head and stay out of bad situations and you shouldn't have any issues

Old 10-22-2007, 06:31 PM

8,376 posts, read 20,580,364 times
Quote:
Thanks for your replies.
I regularly stay in EB when I go to central NJ for it's central location (wow, central twice!). You won't have any problems. Just use common sense like you would outside of any other major U.S City. The worst area I can think of nearby is further into New Brunswick, and even there common sense will keep you safe. What is probably the worst thing about East Brunswick is that dining/restaurants are total crap. You will definitely be dining in New Brunswick at times.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:38 PM

4 posts, read 40,684 times
Thanks to the both of you for your replies!

Old 10-22-2007, 08:28 PM

2,866 posts, read 6,194,684 times
Quote:
Thanks for your replies.
Its absolutely safe! You should not have any problems. My Son's apartment is just a little ways down from there off Rt 18 in Old Bridge.

Diane G

Old 10-22-2007, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fort lauderdale View Post
I regularly stay in EB when I go to central NJ for it's central location (wow, central twice!). You won't have any problems. Just use common sense like you would outside of any other major U.S City. The worst area I can think of nearby is further into New Brunswick, and even there common sense will keep you safe. What is probably the worst thing about East Brunswick is that dining/restaurants are total crap. You will definitely be dining in New Brunswick at times.
Well, the Restaurants are the Usual Chains you find all over, not terrible, but not the Best. I do like the Chinese Restaurant though right past the East Brunswick Mall.

Diane

Old 10-23-2007, 08:29 AM

1,363 posts, read 4,167,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post
Well, the Restaurants are the Usual Chains you find all over, not terrible, but not the Best. I do like the Chinese Restaurant though right past the East Brunswick Mall.

Diane
Sunny Palace...good Dim Sum.

You will definately be safe. My parents grew up there, and I lived there until I started high school-LOL-I think the "hardest criminal" in East Brunswick is guilty of jay walking,LOL-you'll be just fine.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by regarese View Post
Sunny Palace...good Dim Sum.

You will definately be safe. My parents grew up there, and I lived there until I started high school-LOL-I think the "hardest criminal" in East Brunswick is guilty of jay walking,LOL-you'll be just fine.
Don't forget Speeding, lol. My boss is a retired East Brunswick policeman and he told us this story. He picked up some criminals, I think they robbed a store. They were from NYC. They asked where they were going, and he told them a hotel. They said you sure treat us good here in this area.
Then they saw the Jail with Barb wire, lol.
Now, my boss owns a Travel Agency in East Brunswick.
Ya'll have no problem there at all.

Diane

Old 10-23-2007, 04:04 PM

8,376 posts, read 20,580,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane Giam View Post

Diane
Well, in comparison to other sections of NJ it's not quite as good . For one thing I find I get better pizza down here than EB.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey