Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 08:21 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
Trust me alcohol has been proven to be far worse. Its legal but no doctors are prescribing it. Cannabis is illegal and doctors are fighting for its legalization so they can prescribe to patients. I'm pretty sure the average person, and especially politicians don't know more about health & medicine than doctors & scientists.
I agree. I was married to an alcoholic who didn't smoke pot at all, and that was far worse than any pot smoker I've ever met. I also lost a good friend to alcohol--she isn't dead, just wetbrained and so far gone that I had to cut her out of my life and lose all contact with her.

There are people out there who are stoned 24/7 and don't do much with their lives, but most pot smokers, especially the middle-aged ones, just do it after work or on the weekend and don't bother anyone. They don't beat their wives and then "forget" they did it because they got too drunk, or spend the family grocery money at the bar.

Booze has destroyed far more lives than pot ever will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2013, 10:25 AM

908 posts, read 1,554,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I agree. I was married to an alcoholic who didn't smoke pot at all, and that was far worse than any pot smoker I've ever met. I also lost a good friend to alcohol--she isn't dead, just wetbrained and so far gone that I had to cut her out of my life and lose all contact with her.

There are people out there who are stoned 24/7 and don't do much with their lives, but most pot smokers, especially the middle-aged ones, just do it after work or on the weekend and don't bother anyone. They don't beat their wives and then "forget" they did it because they got too drunk, or spend the family grocery money at the bar.

Booze has destroyed far more lives than pot ever will.
There are 2 people close to me who use. 1 drinks every day, the other smokes cannabis.

The one who drinks, is intolerable, just a raging lunatic, who fights, and steals. Her friends and family have always had to clean-up her messes that are a direct result of her drinking. She puts herself in the most dangerous situations, and that brings danger to all around her. She has started using pills because alcohol is not doing it anymore for her. She is brilliant with above average IQ, and beautiful when she doesn't drink, but can't keep a job because she drinks. Granted she had a hard life, which lead to the drinking but she's 30 and ruined. Her family no longer wants to deal with her, and honestly I can't anymore because she causes madness where ever she is. Its sad, but prayer is all I have to offer her.

The other one had hard upbringing, too. She doesn't smoke every day, but does so most days, usually morning & before bed. She has a career, is settled in a happy marriage, and her friends & family actually prefer her when she smokes. The cannabis helps her stay grounded, and not focus on her very sad childhood, which makes it hard to be around her if she does think about it. She told us once she was thinking of quitting, and her husband jumped up and said, "NO, baby! I want you to be happy & easy going. You hurt so bad without weed". The weed doesn't make her forget her pain, it helps her deal with it better. It helped her psychological issues, and eased her depression better than the many crappy drugs she was prescribed since she was a teen, minus the horrible side-effects.

Its really a shame that cannabis is still illegal, especially with all the scientific proof supporting its medicinal uses, and debunking the "dangers" spread by corporate & racist propagandists.
I'm not saying cannabis makes people saints. I'm just saying all the people I knew who had abusive parents/spouses, started bar fights, and other violence, he cause was always alcohol, NEVER cannabis.

I'm glad you & your daughter over came the hardships caused by your ex's addiction.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:03 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,672,588 times
Quote:

and her friends & family actually prefer her when she smokes.

"NO, baby! I want you to be happy & easy going. You hurt so bad without weed".
this reminded me of an episode of king of queens when the fat guy and the father noticed the wife (carrie i think he name was) was much more pleasant when she drank. so whenever she got home from work they started making martinis.

i dont really know if im ok with the concept of being liked better while high on drugs than when sober.

for me it doesnt matter, nobody likes me anyway. but i think she should mind that her friends and family prefer her when she is high.

Last edited by CaptainNJ; 02-23-2013 at 12:11 PM..

Old 02-23-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
this reminded me of an episode of king of queens when the fat guy and the father noticed the wife (carrie i think he name was) was much more pleasant when she drank. so whenever she got home from work they started making martinis.

i dont really know if im ok with the concept of being liked better while high on drugs than when sober.

for me it doesnt matter, nobody likes me anyway. but i think she should mind that her friends and family prefer her when she is high.
Why? If you like to smoke weed, what better deal than to have your loved ones encourage you to keep doing it? LOL.

But if nobody likes you, Captain...maybe you need to pick up an ounce or something and give it a whirl.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Why? If you like to smoke weed, what better deal than to have your loved ones encourage you to keep doing it? LOL.

But if nobody likes you, Captain...maybe you need to pick up an ounce or something and give it a whirl.
it is a pretty good deal. i would be opposed to it but i know so many people are living on mood enhancing pharmaceuticals that it seems pointless to oppose it.

i may be too much of an a-hole for people to like me on marijuana. maybe i need to get some crack.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL I concur!

Old 02-23-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
it is a pretty good deal. i would be opposed to it but i know so many people are living on mood enhancing pharmaceuticals that it seems pointless to oppose it.

i may be too much of an a-hole for people to like me on marijuana. maybe i need to get some crack.
No, crack is worse. Pot is natural. Crack makes your heart feel like it's going to explode and the high only lasts for a few minutes and then you need more. You end up spending your entire life trying to get more crack and do nothing else and then you really are a jerk.

Pot lasts for a few hours, you just mellow out, then you get the munchies, find something good to eat, then take a nap. What's not to like about a person like that?

Old 02-23-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
No, crack is worse. Pot is natural. Crack makes your heart feel like it's going to explode and the high only lasts for a few minutes and then you need more. You end up spending your entire life trying to get more crack and do nothing else and then you really are a jerk.

Pot lasts for a few hours, you just mellow out, then you get the munchies, find something good to eat, then take a nap. What's not to like about a person like that?
how do you know how crack feels?

Old 02-23-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:

OK, I had to edit my ignore list to reply to this. No, offense, but you know you like to stir the pot, and I don't think you have any shame in that. For your comfort, you are not the worst A-hole on city-data, especially outside the NJ forum.

Anyway, crack, from what I've seen, with the addicted parents of kids I've worked with, is NOT even something to joke about. Honestly, I do believe you could benefit from some cannabis. However, for your personality, you may need Humboldt County grade, and that is rare to find in the east coast, and when it is, my friend tells me its $$$$!!! She actually lost her contact, so she is settling for the lower quality stuff that you need far more of to reach a therapeutic affect. If you can find it or take a trip out to Cali, or even better Washington state, it is very effective for many conditions. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
OK, I had to edit my ignore list to reply to this. No, offense, but you know you like to stir the pot, and I don't think you have any shame in that. For your comfort, you are not the worst A-hole on city-data, especially outside the NJ forum.

Anyway, crack, from what I've seen, with the addicted parents of kids I've worked with, is NOT even something to joke about. Honestly, I do believe you could benefit from some cannabis. However, for your personality, you may need Humboldt County grade, and that is rare to find in the east coast, and when it is, my friend tells me its $$$$!!! She actually lost her contact, so she is settling for the lower quality stuff that you need far more of to reach a therapeutic affect. If you can find it or take a trip out to Cali, or even better Washington state, it is very effective for many conditions. Give it a try. You won't be disappointed.
those people with problems just dont know how to handle their crack. im sure i wouldnt have a problem with it.

oh, and if im not the worst a-hole on city data then i guess i need to work harder!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey