Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2013, 12:48 PM

120 posts, read 167,418 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

Can you pls advise what would be the best way to get to Helmsley Building located at 230 Park Avenue between East 45th and East 46th Streets in Midtown Manhattan, New York? Better to take the bus or train? I am at Riverdale NJ.

Looking at NJ Transit and google map, i can drive to Willowbrook Mall, take a train and then a subway to 53rd St? Someone had mentioned that they take the train from Boonton and it gets them to Port Authority within an hour. I am unable to find that post.. Any suggestions would be helpful. I am meeting someone for a interview and it's my first time traveling to NYC..

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Audioslave; 02-19-2013 at 01:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 02:18 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,980,712 times
I am assuming this is for a JOB interview? If it's your first time travelling to NYC, I think your aim should be for simplicity and minimizing stress even if it may not be the absolute fastest way to get there.

If taking a train, you might want to consider driving to a station (such as on the Morris line) that would get you to Penn station without any transfers. Leaving from Boonton probably takes closer to 80+ minutes and I think requires a transfer at Broad St in Newark. If you are comfortable getting to the bus and riding to the PA, that is relatively simple too.

Once you get into Manhattan... the subway can work out very well, but can be confusing at first. For my first time, I would consider taking a cab for the rest of the trip and they are reasonably easy to get at PA or Penn. If it isn't a brutally cold day or raining, I would personally walk to the office.

Whatever you choose, budget plenty of extra time in case of delays or any confusion. It's always better to kill an hour by ducking into a shop for a cup of coffee than to arrive frazzled or late.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:27 PM

@halfFull - Yes, this is for 1st round of job interview Meeting a staffing company. I have found Butler train and ride near to my place. Get to Port Authority and then subway to Grand Central Station..

I am trying to figure out parking situation at Butler AND Mother's Park & Ride Station. I am assuming there won't be a issue parking at Willowbrook Mall Park & Ride. The Butler & Mothers Park and Ride Station is a short commute vs driving to willowbrook mall.

Old 02-19-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioslave View Post
@halfFull - Yes, this is for 1st round of job interview Meeting a staffing company. I have found Butler train and ride near to my place. Get to Port Authority and then subway to Grand Central Station..

I am trying to figure out parking situation at Butler AND Mother's Park & Ride Station. I am assuming there won't be a issue parking at Willowbrook Mall Park & Ride. The Butler & Mothers Park and Ride Station is a short commute vs driving to willowbrook mall.
I'm guessing you mean"park and ride" for a bus? (I don't know Butler well)

Good Luck!

Old 02-19-2013, 08:43 PM

Yes! Plan on taking the bus from wayne transit station n walk from port authority or do a subway ride. Thank you!

Old 02-19-2013, 09:14 PM

25 posts, read 99,705 times
Park at willowbrook, take the 195x express bus from willowbrook to PABT, and then take a cab. Keep it simple!

(Otherwise, take the S train from PABT to Grand Central, and then take a nice stroll two blocks north.)

Old 02-20-2013, 06:55 PM

I went to Wayne 23 north transit station and had no problem getting to the intended destination. It was a bitterly cold n windy day to walk from PA to the building!!

Old 02-20-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioslave View Post
I went to Wayne 23 north transit station and had no problem getting to the intended destination. It was a bitterly cold n windy day to walk from PA to the building!!
Great, hope the interview went well!

Old 02-21-2013, 06:38 AM

Yup it did... Thank you.. I spoke to the recruiting co and their client where I would be working. They have other candidates lined up as well..Got to wait now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey