U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 06:10 AM

13,743 posts, read 12,513,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
thats great that you got justice like that. these cameras come in handy sometime. my brother's gf had her cell stolen in the gym where she is a manager. she checked the tape, saw the guy who did it and got his cell number. my brother sent a whole bunch of very unpleasant messages to the guy. i bet he got very nervous at that point and then he returned the phone. i said she should involve police but i dont believe she did.
I asked my mom if they arrested the girl, but she said she didn't know and didn't ask!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 08:44 AM

265 posts, read 427,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDGraeme View Post
When I was seen in St Mary's hospital in Passaic ER about 4 years ago they made me change into a hospital gown. My clothes and personal stuff were put into two plastic bags. When I checked out of the hospital they could not find the bag containing my coat, which had my watch in its pocket. I thought they would compensate me some way, but everyone I talked to just sent me to someone else. I thought of suing them, but I have no way to prove what happened and the value of the lost items was only about $80. I figured it would cost more to hire a lawyer than the items were worth. I thought of small claims court, but again, I have no way of proving what they lost or their value, so I would just have wasted more money and time for nothing. Someone just told me they don't require written proof in small claims court and it's mainly decided on the judge's opinion. But he wasn't a lawyer, and I don't know what the time limitation is in such cases. Anyone have any legal expertise? In any case, I thought I'd warn everyone to get a written receipt if they take your clothes in a hospital.
Really? And we wonder why the court system is so bogged down.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:12 PM

3 posts, read 1,172 times
Almost two years ago the EMts took my dentures and glasses then said they did not to their boss, I just found proof in the transcript they were working on me in the ambulance so they had to remove dentures, $1700 is the value,
why won't the lawyer take my case?

Old 10-06-2015, 02:17 PM

3,858 posts, read 7,561,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis McMaster View Post
Almost two years ago the EMts took my dentures and glasses then said they did not to their boss, I just found proof in the transcript they were working on me in the ambulance so they had to remove dentures, $1700 is the value,
Full Moon tonight?

Old 10-06-2015, 02:27 PM

12,044 posts, read 14,059,988 times
Quote:
You would have to ask that attorney why he/she won't accept your case, as all that anyone else can do is to speculate.

One possibility is that your attorney believes the other party's counsel would use the affirmative defense of Laches, meaning that you waited too long to file this type of suit. This shouldn't be confused with the Statute of Limitations, however.

Laches legal definition of laches

Why don't you simply ask your attorney?

Old 10-06-2015, 08:59 PM

20,942 posts, read 26,056,614 times
Quote:
the lawyer must have bought the dentures from the EMT's. check out his smile.

Old 10-06-2015, 09:25 PM

5,112 posts, read 11,169,507 times
Everyone knows you can't sue a Saint anyway, , God won't let you into heaven.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:30 PM

8,102 posts, read 8,429,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
You would have to ask that attorney why he/she won't accept your case, as all that anyone else can do is to speculate.

One possibility is that your attorney believes the other party's counsel would use the affirmative defense of Laches, meaning that you waited too long to file this type of suit. This shouldn't be confused with the Statute of Limitations, however.

Maybe the fact that he just found the proof, and then took action in a timely manner would make a difference? But then the question is, why didn't he check the transcript sooner?

They likely had him remove his dentures for his own safety. I don't know why he was being transported in an ambulance, but it must have been somewhat serious as ambulance rides are a lot more expensive than his dentures. If he were to go unconscious or have a seizure, it wouldn't be uncommon to choke on them. I always make my patients remove their dentures before operations for this very reason.

Either way, he would be suing the person who possibly helped save his life for the crime of concentrating more on the act of saving his life than on where he placed his dentures. Could he win? Possibly, but if it were me, I wouldn't feel good about that win.

Old 10-06-2015, 10:50 PM

8,899 posts, read 4,994,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post

Latches is a defense in equity, not law.

Old 10-07-2015, 12:15 AM

3 posts, read 1,172 times
Thanks for all the comments I was in a coma that lasted 30 days from penicillin allergy, the lawyer said it was too hard to prove AND not enough money for them, when I wanted to sue the hospital THE HOSPITAL DENIED HAVING THE DENTURES but the transcript when I read it through stated the EMTS HAD TO REMOVE MY DENTURES TO TRY PUTTING A TUBE DOWN MY THROAT, I LOST EVERYTHING, BANKRUPTCY NOW LIVING IN A ROOM PLEASE DON'T MAKE LIGHT OF MY SITUATION, IT TOOK 6 MONTHS TO WALK AGAIN, GET DENTURES, GLASSES, GET A JOB, ETC

ANYWAY THANKS FOR YOUR TIME, ITS AN UNFAIR WORLD.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey