Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2013, 01:27 PM

208 posts, read 468,518 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure if anyone can help but doing a search I couldn't find any answer...

But we currently live in Hoboken with a 23 month old son. We have a 35 foot RV that we use during the summer months. Currently its 2 hours away which isn't terrible since where we go is on the way to pick up the RV, BUT when we want to go north, its such a pain! I've been begging friends to allow me to park it on temporarily when we do need to go north, but it's not easy.

Anyway, we are planning on moving out of Hoboken in the near future. DH works in Jersey City by Exchange Place and I work in East Orange. And I would LOVE to find a home that I can keep the RV with us. There are so many restrictions and ordinances for different cities, my head is spinning!

Does anyone have any suggestions for towns that have a good education system and also allow RV parking?
So far the only town that I know that does allow it without building a garage is Berkeley Heights.

New Providence, Summit, Millburn, Cranford, Westfield do NOT allow it. These towns are pretty expensive anyway, but we do like that area.

Any suggestions? Thoughts? PS Westfield allows up to 18 feet.

PS can anyone also suggest a place in Central Jersey (northern is part) that parks RVs for cheap. We have it at a storage place and we only pay $43 dollors a month. I doubt I can get that more north, but I would be willing to pay a little more for the summer months.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 03:27 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,977,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducmonster1221 View Post
I'm not sure if anyone can help but doing a search I couldn't find any answer...

But we currently live in Hoboken with a 23 month old son. We have a 35 foot RV that we use during the summer months. Currently its 2 hours away which isn't terrible since where we go is on the way to pick up the RV, BUT when we want to go north, its such a pain! I've been begging friends to allow me to park it on temporarily when we do need to go north, but it's not easy.

Anyway, we are planning on moving out of Hoboken in the near future. DH works in Jersey City by Exchange Place and I work in East Orange. And I would LOVE to find a home that I can keep the RV with us. There are so many restrictions and ordinances for different cities, my head is spinning!

Does anyone have any suggestions for towns that have a good education system and also allow RV parking?
So far the only town that I know that does allow it without building a garage is Berkeley Heights.

New Providence, Summit, Millburn, Cranford, Westfield do NOT allow it. These towns are pretty expensive anyway, but we do like that area.

Any suggestions? Thoughts? PS Westfield allows up to 18 feet.

PS can anyone also suggest a place in Central Jersey (northern is part) that parks RVs for cheap. We have it at a storage place and we only pay $43 dollors a month. I doubt I can get that more north, but I would be willing to pay a little more for the summer months.
Ask around at trucking and bussing companies to see if they will rent space in their yards. Also, the further you move west (Morris/Passaic/Hunterdon) the less likely you are to run into such restrictions.

Old 03-05-2013, 12:15 AM

1,221 posts, read 2,110,561 times
Agreed with the other poster on further West. I've seen plenty parked in parts of Somerset County, so I imagine some of the towns in the area must allow it.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:30 AM

208 posts, read 468,518 times
Thank you for the suggestions! I know someone that owns a bus company in the northern jersey area... He's a patient of mine. Maybe he has some space but who knows!

Some one else suggested looking into Craigslist, but I'm a bit leery of Craigslist postings - and we also need 24 hour access and weekend access so sometimes that makes it even more of a challenge to find parking for it.

I'll keep looking into the different ordinances of the towns. Maybe where I should start first is make a decision of what school systems are best, then look into the ordinances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey