U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 06:08 PM

56,451 posts, read 49,751,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Camden and Gary, IN usually compete for the top murder per capita rate in the nation.
Among the smaller cities they do. Among the bigger cities, it's New Orleans, St. Louis, and Detroit.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2013, 06:09 PM

9,826 posts, read 16,197,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobain View Post
Anyone knows if it is always that bad to go to the Aquarium? I bought a few tickets, but i'm thinking it might not be worth the risk. . .
There's a safe corridor to the waterfront. Don't know if they still do this, but on Riversharks game days the police would literally line a corridor from the bridge to the stadium.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:08 PM

28,507 posts, read 33,354,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
. I'm not scared, but I am cautious...

...and I don't stop at lights or stop signs unless I'm downtown in broad daylight.
thats a funny concept to just go through red lights even if there isnt any issue at the moment. i probably would have told my wife to do that if the familia werent in the car. i didnt want to scare them. i mentioned this to my wife and she assures me she was prepared to run over anyone who got in front of us.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:11 PM

28,507 posts, read 33,354,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobain View Post
Anyone knows if it is always that bad to go to the Aquarium? I bought a few tickets, but i'm thinking it might not be worth the risk. . .
my wife did it once before without me and didnt have an issue. we wouldnt have had a problem if a road wasnt closed and the gps kept trying to re-direct us to the route that included the closed road.

still, im not ok with my wife going there. its not worth it to see a bunch of fish. really, i didnt enjoy the aquarium. the only entertaining things were the hippos and the floor that you stood on and it simulated being in a shark cage. it was very expensive for very little entertainment value. it also took us way longer than i thought. i was expecting it to be like a trip to sesame place but it was like 30 minutes more.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:15 PM

79 posts, read 169,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
thats a funny concept to just go through red lights even if there isnt any issue at the moment. i probably would have told my wife to do that if the familia werent in the car. i didnt want to scare them. i dont typically violate the rules with carrying a weapon, but (to use a popular pro-gun phrase) better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Dude, I'm right there with ya... When I'm here in So Fla I go everywhere with mine..

I have had individuals try to get in my car while at a stop light... Almost every Circle K or 7-11 they ask for money in the parking lot but when you say no they do get rather upset oh yea they do...

Some people just walk up to your doorstep knock on the door with some kind of story then ask for money.. So Fla is just that nutty

Old 03-07-2013, 12:42 AM

13,462 posts, read 19,185,134 times
Camden : Philadelphia :: Gary : Chicago :: East St. Louis : St. Louis

What do Camden, Gary and East St. Louis have in common? Three things...

1. They're all post-industrial ghetto ****holes.
2. They're all extensions of nearby major cities.
3. They're all located in different states than the central cities that they're near.

Old 03-07-2013, 02:06 AM

630 posts, read 881,018 times
Philly is the worst big city! High crime rate, poor economy, run down neighborhoods,horrible climate, dirty, corruptions, lacking a vibrant core and gets poor ranking constantly on surveys.

Camden is the worst small city! High crime, slums, bad weather and lousy job market.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:38 AM

56,451 posts, read 49,751,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo cities View Post
Philly is the worst big city! High crime rate, poor economy, run down neighborhoods,horrible climate, dirty, corruptions, lacking a vibrant core and gets poor ranking constantly on surveys.

Camden is the worst small city! High crime, slums, bad weather and lousy job market.
I can think of places worse than Philadelphia. I know there are problems in Philadelphia, but to say Philadelphia is the worst big city in America is beyond stretch. Detroit is truly the worst big city. The economy there is much worse than Philadephia, half of the city is abandoned and vacant, Detroit just came out of a corruption scandal with Kwame Kilpatrick a few years ago, not to mention there is a current possibility that Detroit could go into state receivership if it doesn't get its act together. Detroit's population went from 1.5 million in 1950 to 711,700 in 2011. Detroit has lost more than half of its population within 60 years. Detroit is ranked as THE most dangerous city in America. And it is quite dirty in many parts of the city.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:28 AM

1,954 posts, read 3,437,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnutella View Post
Camden : Philadelphia :: Gary : Chicago :: East St. Louis : St. Louis

What do Camden, Gary and East St. Louis have in common? Three things...

3. They're all located in different states than the central cities that they're near.
Interesting observation. I wonder if there is more to this or if it's just a coincidence.

Old 03-07-2013, 11:31 AM

14,781 posts, read 38,132,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foo cities View Post

You don't get around much if you think Philly is the "worst" big city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or