U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2013, 01:42 PM

5 posts, read 14,721 times

Advertisements

I am looking to secure a 2 bedroom apartment unit in the $3000 price range. I have visited the Sky Club, Hudson Square North, Hudson Square South, Zephyr Lofts, and Archstone Hoboken. I have pretty much narrowed it down to either Hudson Square South (205 Hudson St) or Archstone Hoboken (77 Park ave)

The Hudson Square South apartment seems like a bit out - dated, and dimly lit..but it is super convenient. It doesn't have a gym, but has municipal parking nearby for $140. I would need a car to travel to work. Also, it has washer/dryer in the unit.

Archstone Hoboken isn't too far from path either, but I have read some negative reviews about management online. Also, the parking is $240 a month, so I would probably have to try my luck at street parking. There are no washer/dryers in the unit, and only in the communal laundry room.

Does anybody have experience living in either of these apartment complexes? Both have good locations, but wanted to hear feedback from any users who may be able to speak on these before I sign onto any lease. Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2013, 04:41 PM

2,942 posts, read 5,503,274 times
Take the conveniance over the modern, looking for street parking in that town can be a royal pia and it only gets worse in the winter. It's also no fun hauling your dirty laundry unless you plan using it to meet "others", might beat the bar.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:35 PM

1,726 posts, read 2,847,904 times
Why restrict yourself to just those named apartment complexes?

I can't speak to the complexes but I can speak to parking. Are you sure you can get a municipal parking spot? There's usually a waiting list that can be years long. And the price depends on which garage you're at and how far you are from the station.

Depending on when you commute, you most likely can't rely on street parking. My DH used to commute and get back to Hoboken at 5pm everyday. He still has to spend 10-45 minutes to get a spot.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:51 PM

5 posts, read 14,721 times
I asked the attendant in the municipal garage on Hudson/2nd and he said they have limited monthly passes which means I am forbidden from using the garage from 10am to 4 pm on weekdays. It is discounted at $140 and requires a lease with hoboken address, and photo ID. He said there was not a waiting list..I'm hoping what he said is credible because I could not find any verification of this online.

I would like easy access in/out of NYC. I understand there are some nice apartment complexes in the northwest side (like upper grand) but that is not walkable and I'm sure their shuttles only run in peak times.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:59 AM

208 posts, read 415,088 times
Here's a link specific to Hoboken. You don't have to live in one of the massive rental unit places. There are TONS of places to rent that may even include parking. At 3k you have a lot of choices. We live across from one on 7th and adams. They rent parking there and there are lots very close by. It's close to the bath (within 10 minute walk etc). I wouldn't limit it to just two places.
Kannekt - Forum

Old 03-25-2013, 12:00 PM

208 posts, read 415,088 times
Here is a link to real estate for hoboken. Hoboken Real Estate

The lexington is where we live near:

Hoboken Apartment / Apartments, Rentals, Rent

Old 03-25-2013, 12:30 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,872,502 times
To be honest, if you're moving to Hoboken, maybe you should reconsider owning a car? Maybe it's necessary for you or your spouse/SO's commute, but, if it's not, there are very few reasons to own a car in Hoboken (and a lot of reasons not to).

Old 03-25-2013, 01:10 PM

256 posts, read 505,477 times
I'm pretty sure there is no waiting list for Hoboken. I think it's $180 if you plan on leaving your car there during the day. IIRC, it's on the Hoboken website.

I have friends that live in Archstone and like it. It's a good spot near the PATH.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:16 PM

29,915 posts, read 34,216,918 times
decent people own cars. my brother's place in hoboken has parking, just make sure to get a place with parking.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:10 PM

1,271 posts, read 2,872,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
decent people own cars. my brother's place in hoboken has parking, just make sure to get a place with parking.
What, you need a car to fix your penis size issues?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey