Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 07:56 PM

2 posts, read 5,569 times

Advertisements

Hello, i am planning to buy a house in Monroe township,nj 08831 and wanted your opinions please.

I am little familiar with the area and my main concern is the Middle school and High School. I am not sure when school system will be at par and become like atleast South Brunswick. My kids will be in Middle school in couple of years. Current school test scores seem to be lagging behind and I am not sure if the reason is because it's bit overpopulated as Jamesburg comes under this high school?? It's a big move and i am bit confused but the area is nice it seems and can get a relatively newer home here compared to South Brunswick or West windsor township.

Please share your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 06:36 AM

30 posts, read 50,562 times
Whenever i hear of Monroe, I think of older folks and in the last 1 years alot of new developments. I'm a newbie and re-locating to NJ, but the homes I found were too small for our family(Under 5500 sf) and the schools are just average. I think the more desi's that move into the area will forcve the schools to improve. PM me if anything.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:56 PM

45 posts, read 81,472 times
Monroe has just built a huge new high school. Don't know the details but it looks like a lot of state money was spent there.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:42 AM

18 posts, read 44,210 times
I believe Monroe Township schools will continue to improve - overall, definitely a nice area

Old 04-10-2013, 09:22 AM

300 posts, read 913,844 times
If you break down scores, asian scores are as high it can get but whites scores are lower compared to comparable towns like hillsborough, south brunswick etc.
The expectation is that with more and more asians moving in the town overall school grade will be as good as south brunswick.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:26 PM

289 posts, read 608,308 times
Just wanted to point out that it might not be that simple as choosing a school district which you think is rated higher. There is not much new development in South Brunswick. Most homes in South Brunswick are under 3000 sq ft. Monroe, on the other hand has a lot of new development with homes ranging from 3500 sq ft to 4200 sq ft and even higher. So, if you are looking for one of those larger homes, South Brunswick might not be an option. IMHO, both schools districts are very comparable with South Brunswick just a little bit better (i.e. if I really had to pick one).

Old 05-03-2013, 11:38 AM

3 posts, read 12,341 times
Default Stratford @ Monroe - crazy increase in prices

Hi, we are looking for houses in Monroe. but the prices are going up like crazy. In the Stratford, they are increasing 10K every week. We reserved on last week, now I am not sure whether to go with it or cancel.. The latest price is 619K, for Gold model, which is under 3200 sf area, is really outrageous. And they are not willing to cut down the prices at all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkumar123 View Post
Hello, i am planning to buy a house in Monroe township,nj 08831 and wanted your opinions please.

I am little familiar with the area and my main concern is the Middle school and High School. I am not sure when school system will be at par and become like atleast South Brunswick. My kids will be in Middle school in couple of years. Current school test scores seem to be lagging behind and I am not sure if the reason is because it's bit overpopulated as Jamesburg comes under this high school?? It's a big move and i am bit confused but the area is nice it seems and can get a relatively newer home here compared to South Brunswick or West windsor township.

Please share your thoughts.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:04 PM

300 posts, read 913,844 times
the lowest I have heard someone paid for gold is $540 or so and woods $525. I think $619 is pretty steep, how much they are quoting for woods, I thought woods was very very famous and I like that over other models.

Old 05-03-2013, 04:13 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,012,486 times
It will be on par when Monroe has a population of South Asian descent the size of west windsor/plainsboro etc

Old 05-03-2013, 06:25 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,702,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscone View Post
Whenever i hear of Monroe, I think of older folks and in the last 1 years alot of new developments. I'm a newbie and re-locating to NJ, but the homes I found were too small for our family(Under 5500 sf) and the schools are just average. I think the more desi's that move into the area will forcve the schools to improve. PM me if anything.
Wow!!! Didn't realize that you had 10 kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey