Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 08:53 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,075,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I once saw an interview a couple years ago with George Bell, the former major leaguer from San Pedro de Macoris. He was on the golf course with a 9-mm pistol on his hip and a couple of similarly strapped guys with him. The interviewer asked him why all the guns. He looked at the camera, incredulously, and said, "I'm rich!"
Yep. And some ballplayers have had their relatives kidnapped & ransomed. It's one thing you don't see as much of living in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 06:34 AM

13,403 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Do you have any idea how many dumb white bubbas win the lottery and blow it all on trucks with big tires, light beer, and strip bars (like the idiot I referenced in my previous post)? This thread is mostly an observation about how the lottery is mostly played by those on the lower end of the socio-economic spectrum (black, white, and otherwise), leading many liberal leaning thinktanks to call lotteries a regressive tax on the poor. For these folks, large windfalls tend to magnify their problems rather than solve them due largely to the fact that they are not very well equipped to manage money, and easily fall prey to scams and "hangers on" who end up bilking them out of their winnings. I would hope that this guy makes things right with his five kids and their mothers, but only time will tell.
EXACTLY!!!!! That dam race card is getting very very old and tedious....
Yep I remember that dude with the suitcases of cash at strip joint...he had nothing but bad luck after winning and I think he passed away a few years ago...from Virginia or West Virginia I think...

I do wish Pedro luck, he needs to step back from the lime light though as he will be smothered in people wanting hand outs or claiming they can manage his money and make more...

Last edited by njkate; 04-02-2013 at 06:44 AM..

Old 04-02-2013, 06:40 AM

13,403 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Yep. And some ballplayers have had their relatives kidnapped & ransomed. It's one thing you don't see as much of living in the US.
Wow..really?? That's crazy

Old 04-02-2013, 07:16 AM

908 posts, read 1,555,228 times
You can call it "pulling the race card" if people slammed him AFTER he screwed up, but the comments on the forum from more than 1 thread started on him are not doing that. They are predicting he will fail, slamming him for things they know nothing about, and things that are really NOBODY"S business. The man didn't even get money yet, and people were coming up with the worst things to say about him. Most people didn't even think to get facts, or pay attention to some facts that actually were given in some of the articles. His poor English should NOT be a factor, the fact he owed child-support is NOBODY'S business. Saying he's automatically a deadbeat, despite having very REAL hardships that caused it, hardships that most refuse to even consider is far from fair, and is not wishing him the best. I mean seriously, people are just being catty about a many they don't know. Most people did NOT wish him will. Most people did not say they hope he's careful and takes a lesson from other screw ups. Most people were judgmental, and even questioned his immigrant status. So, yeah, when you bring up his poor English, immigrant status, and his very personal issues with child-support withOUT knowing the entire story, then not even accepting the explanation, and when you accuse the man of blowing it when the only thing he's done with the money is pay his kids' mother, and help out some friends with RENT, NOT convertibles, you can't blame people if they think its because he's Latino. Accusing people for "playing the race card", when you judge them on stereotypes, and not facts, is getting very tired. People need to try being sensitive, and stop being so judgmental. If you are going to be foolishly judgmental then do so with everyone. At least if you're a jerk to all, no one can assume its race related.
BTW, WHICH race card did I pull? The European one? Unlike Americans, who very likely may have some African ancestry because we all know the slave masters never touched the slave girls, I am 100% European. Thank God its not the imperialist, enslaving, raping type because we didn't care for that evil, but European, nonetheless.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:24 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,977,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
BTW, WHICH race card did I pull? The European one? Unlike Americans, who very likely may have some African ancestry because we all know the slave masters never touched the slave girls, I am 100% European. Thank God its not the imperialist, enslaving, raping type because we didn't care for that evil, but European, nonetheless.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
The truth is always crazy.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:34 AM

23,541 posts, read 17,219,108 times
If the 'winner' ever purchased a fishing license and lied about child support he would be criminally charged.

Did he ever fish or hunt in NJ? Hmmm

Old 04-02-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
If the 'winner' ever purchased a fishing license and lied about child support he would be criminally charged.

Did he ever fish or hunt in NJ? Hmmm
Why is that? I'm just curious because I know absolutely nothing about fishing or hunting?

Old 04-02-2013, 07:42 AM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorfulchic83 View Post
He paid the arrears, and his kids will be living with him. It looks like he's no fool.
Powerball winner pays up back child support, invites*kids to move on in * - NY Daily News
Having just won the lottery, why would he choose to go to jail rather than pay child support? I don't think that he'd get away with that even if he wanted to.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:46 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
I like colorfulchic too but this made me roar. LOL (response to badfish740's picture - which isn't showing).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey