Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2013, 12:26 PM

3 posts, read 14,623 times

Advertisements

Hi all. Can you suggest some towns that fit the following description?

My boyfriend and I currently reside in Hackensack. He works in Garfield, I in East Orange. We are looking to find a place that is located between our jobs and is reasonably priced. Preferably in Bergen County but Passaic, Union, and Essex are options too. By reasonably priced we mean rent hovers between $1000-1500. It would be AMAZING to live in a town that is culturally diverse (read as there are almost an equal # of blacks, whites, Hispanics, and other ethnicities) where residents believe in taking care of their lawns. Though I don't care for Hackensack in general I love the diversity of cultures!! A great downtown area or being close to one would be a plus with shops and restaurants. To give you an idea of what we are looking for here are places we don't like or know we couldn't afford: North Arlington, Mahwah, East Orange, Newark, Harrison, West New York, Jersey City, etc.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2013, 06:10 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,208,157 times
Bloomfield might fit the bill. Doesn't have a great downtown, but nearby Montclair does. You might be able to find something in Montclair itself near the upper end of your range.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:59 PM

13 posts, read 27,233 times
Montclair is definitely a culturally diverse community with a bountiful array of ethnic restaurants, boutique-style shops and good entertainment venues including, my personal favorite, the Claridge Movie Theatre, which shows indy movies--the only one of it's kind west of The Paris Theatre in New York. Montclair and towns surrounding it have quite a few rentals in the $1200-$1500 range (usually 2br/1-1/5 baths) since there are plenty of multi-family homes to support them.
If you need a list of rentals, I can assist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey