Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2006, 09:39 PM

5,190 posts, read 5,334,537 times

Advertisements

Hello, All.

I'm trying to get my family OUT of the Midwest into somewhere in the Northeast. We really hope to find a town of 75K or fewer people hopefully within a couple or three hours of NYC.

We've been looking at parts of Pennsylvania...haven't thought much about NJ because we keep hearing how expensive it is.

However, reading these threads makes me realize how real and cool people from your state seem to be in general.

Okay, so my question is, are the less-populated areas of NJ less expensive? The Western and Southern parts of the state that aren't quite such urban centers (or so close to urban centers)? Or, is it the taxes statewide that make NJ so expensive? Are there any places maybe not right on the coast to be recommended?

We're really looking to relocate around the end of the year or beginning of 2007. wherever we end up, wish us luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2006, 07:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,597 times
I plan on moving my family to southern New Jersey. I would like to know if BLackwood New Jersey has good public schools?

Old 10-09-2006, 08:28 AM

1,118 posts, read 4,757,422 times
I would recommend the Deptford - Woodbury area. Close to Philadelphia so you'd expand job opportunities, convient shopping area too. I hear the schools are good, but I don't know alot about them. You can get a very nice home in the 300 - 400K range. Check Realtor-dot-com to explore the houses.

Old 10-09-2006, 04:34 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,089,952 times
Southern NJ is more affordable than Northern and Central NJ (by southern, I mean below Mercer and Monmouth Counties), but the taxes are still high; something to consider. East and West don't make much of a difference; northwestern NJ is still quite expensive (Sussex County may be a little less but not much) whereas southwestern NJ is somewhat more affordable (and you are still not too far from Philly or the ocean).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: