Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 07:14 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,965,099 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
seriously, why don't you? if you think all the welfare recips have it so good, why not? i don't understand, do you REALLY think they have a better life than you? do you REALLY pay $50K a year to support all these people? i think not, but it saying it does makes a better story................
How do you know how much he pays in taxes?
The main reason I left NJ was to get away from the taxes, both income and property
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2007, 07:26 PM

330 posts, read 1,197,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
What makes you think the crooks in the other party will be any better???
Are you going to deny that things have gotten a lot worse since the "tax and spend" Dems took total control of the state government? They've run the state into bankruptcy. Just wait until after the elections and see what they have planned.

Old 10-31-2007, 07:48 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlGuy View Post
Are you going to deny that things have gotten a lot worse since the "tax and spend" Dems took total control of the state government? They've run the state into bankruptcy. Just wait until after the elections and see what they have planned.
should i vote out my repubs like the GRIP cheerleaders are advocating?

Old 10-31-2007, 07:49 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
How do you know how much he pays in taxes?
The main reason I left NJ was to get away from the taxes, both income and property
i don't know, that's why i'm asking. do you REALLY think this person pays $50K in taxes? if it's so bad and welfare recips have it so good, why doesn't he/she take advantage?

Old 10-31-2007, 08:08 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
Tahiti, I don't pay 50K for them, I ONLY pay 15,000 in property taxes. I pay 50K to send my son to Princeton. What I am saying is the harder you work in this state, the more the politicians shove it up your a$$. I work two full time jobs and my wife works full time. Both of us have for thirty years. We sacrificed most of our lifes working hard so we get a little pi$$ed when we see lazy people of all races collecting handouts. Just like this phony tax relief program, some people get 10 percent some 15 some 20. So the harder you work the more they penalize you. Go vote for Corzine and his lying cronies and maybe it will cost you 20 dollars to drive on the Turnpike or parkway, some reformer he is.

Last edited by JERSEY MAN; 10-31-2007 at 08:22 PM.. Reason: left something out

Old 10-31-2007, 08:27 PM

330 posts, read 1,197,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Tahiti, I don't pay 50K for them, I pay 50K to send my son to Princeton. What I am saying is the harder you work in this state, the more the politicians shove it up your a$$. I work two full time jobs and my wife works full time. Both of us have for thirty years. We sacrificed most of our lifes working hard so we get a little pi$$ed when we see lazy people of all races collecting handouts. Just like this phony tax relief program, some people get 10 percent some 15 some 20. So the harder you work the more they penalize you. Go vote for Corzine and his lying cronies and maybe it will cost you 20 dollars to drive on the Turnpike or parkway, some reformer he is.
I completely agree with you but unfortunately we're out numbered. Those lazy welfare recipients and illegal aliens are canceling out our votes. Why do you think the Dems want the voting ballots to be bilingual like they are here in "wealthy" Bergen County? Same reason a boob like Spitzer over in NY wants to give them drivers licenses. In a sane world you wouldn't be able to vote if you can't speak the language of the country you immigrate to. You would also be forced to show some type of identification before being allowed to vote. But we could never accuse the liberal politicians of being sane. For them it's all about gaining political power and to hell with the future of the country.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:59 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,517,775 times
Jersey Man I agree with you 100 percent. Eventually if things keep going this way, I think you will or may just see people giving up jobs to go on section 8. It may be a better deal. Why bust you ass, and some peoplehave no health insurance and you own a house and pray the doctors wont take it if you dont pay that health insurance cause your job that you bust your ass in wont give it to you. Maybe the free NJ health insurance for low income just may be the way. Why work for 40 grand a year. Now lets say you want to get a better job and go to school for your masters so you can maybe make 75 grand, how do you pay that. Well section 8 you go to school free. So you rent somewhat free, eat free, school free, and heat somewhat free plus charity care so no health Insurance I dont know not too shabby why work!!!! Add to that a job off the books or drug dealing your doing better than the average hard working 40 grand a year home owner in NJ

Old 11-01-2007, 07:02 AM

604 posts, read 2,914,099 times
The pay to play contractors in this state control the politicians. This is big business in NJ and the people who run big business know how to take control.
If Republican voters think things will change if only Republicans are running the state please remove your head from your a$$.

The Democrats in office are not in charge and neither will the replacement Republicans be in charge.

Every single Republican running for office promises tax breaks and every single Republican voter actually believes that.
When was the last time we ever had a substantial tax break? President Cheney's war is eating up tax dollars faster then Washington can print them. That's OK because the Chinese gov't is lending us the funds we need in return for us giving them all the working class jobs that used to be in the US. That's OK too because now we can all buy cheap toys for the kids.That OK too because the money we save on cheap goods from China can be used to pay the extra taxes that the Democrats say is needed to pay the welfare people who used to be the working class people.

Old 11-01-2007, 07:34 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,723,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Metro- I take it your not a big fan of Abbott School districts, UEZ Zones, Section 8 and welfare families, Food Stamp Program and should I go on and on. No I guess I covered most of the handouts. Oh and free College for people under the star program. It only costs me 50K a year for kids school. I guess I should just quit my job, stay home, collect welfare, free college for junior, and only the best meats at shop rite with the food stamps. Thats the answer no more hot dogs for me. Vote the liberal dems in Metro and u have for more years of this BS.
I thought the Star program was for state colleges only not private and available to any child that was in a certain percentile of their graduating class?? I was also under the impression it was for tuition only not books or room & board?

Old 11-01-2007, 07:42 AM

3,859 posts, read 10,327,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
Don't know if Mom and Dad are going senile but they told me over phone, Corzine is proposing 94 new tax increases. They said things like for businesses, beauty salons, gyms (I thought they already hit the gyms) and some stuff I did not understand. Are they nuts? Does anyone know this or heard of this? My parents are a little over the top so I can't believe everything they say just looking for info.
I thought these taxes already went through in the last budget- the gym membership, plastic surgery, tires, etc. Also taxes on shipping too, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey