Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 08:36 PM

31 posts, read 133,443 times

Advertisements

It's been two weeks and haven't heard anything from mortgage broker yet. how long does it take? Does anybody know if new house (2 years old spec.)builder allows private inspection? In my case they are not allowing it. And my lawyer doesn't care....in fact he never talks to me, only paralegal does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2007, 08:43 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,096,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkinjc View Post
It's been two weeks and haven't heard anything from mortgage broker yet. how long does it take? Does anybody know if new house (2 years old spec.)builder allows private inspection? In my case they are not allowing it. And my lawyer doesn't care....in fact he never talks to me, only paralegal does.
I would say to contact your mortgage broker. Typically they never really call unless they need to get something from you or are setting up the closing.

As for the house, all homes in NJ have to allow inspections by law unless it said in the purchase order or contract that it is a AS IS sale only. If they do not let you get the home inspected and it does not say this, then walk away!!!

Lastly, as for working with attorneys, you almost ALWAYS talk to the paralegals and not the attorney again unless he needs to speak with you directly regarding a SERIOUS issue.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:53 PM

31 posts, read 133,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgeViper01 View Post
I would say to contact your mortgage broker. Typically they never really call unless they need to get something from you or are setting up the closing.

As for the house, all homes in NJ have to allow inspections by law unless it said in the purchase order or contract that it is a AS IS sale only. If they do not let you get the home inspected and it does not say this, then walk away!!!

Lastly, as for working with attorneys, you almost ALWAYS talk to the paralegals and not the attorney again unless he needs to speak with you directly regarding a SERIOUS issue.
Thanks....you are right, it's AS IS sale, but it's never occuiped 2 yrs. old property. They are giving me 45 days to report problems ( punch list). I was pusing it for inspection but no avail.. What do think, did I take big risk? I know I would've walked away it was older property. Thanks

Old 11-13-2007, 10:20 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,096,057 times
Well it is a new construction and in NJ you get a ten year home warranty so if anything is wrong, they will have to fix it so in that aspect you are fine.

I am still worried as to why they will not let you inspect an new home. What is there to hide? If it is new construction then there should be no problems but big builders have a way of doing things like this. It is unusual but not that far fetched. Just watch out for things that might go wrong for the 45 day punch list.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:44 AM

5 posts, read 14,659 times
Default Which part of Monroe is good?

Can anybody telll me which part of Monroe is good? I visited area nearby Exit 8A to Jamesburg. I heard that Monroe is a good town but I did not like that area much. Can you anybody guide me which part of Monroe is good?

Reply is appreciated.
Thanks,
Jerseryliving

Old 12-23-2010, 11:56 AM

24 posts, read 87,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkinjc View Post
yes, primrose acre. The listing price was 650K on the spec. home, she only came down to 630k with some options already in the home. but she would give no break on the base price if you want to build one......I tried to convince but no luck, she did offer 10% off the options....but it was still way expensive. I think if you can make the deal on the spec. home they do give a very little break. I also visited Hallmark homes...They also had very nice models and some spec. homes, and they are giving 75k off the spec. homes, but the land size is less than .25ac.

We also like the area and community. Can you please share your experience living at Primrose, Grocery Stores, ETC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey