Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 11:13 AM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times

Advertisements

Hope they don't use a firearm to stop him!

NJ legislation cannot differentiate a robber from a citizen defending themself with a firearm. They are equivalent and fodder for prosecution. Unless you are some big name sportsfigure and blow away your chauffer.

Never ever use a firearm to defend yourself in NJ.

If you ever claimed to have a firearm for self defense the activist prosecutors in Nj will charge you with premeditation and being a wannbe cop.

Last edited by Kracer; 07-10-2013 at 11:15 AM.. Reason: edited
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 07:33 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

NJ legislation cannot differentiate a robber from a citizen defending themself with a firearm. They are equivalent and fodder for prosecution. Unless you are some big name sportsfigure and blow away your chauffer.

If you ever claimed to have a firearm for self defense the activist prosecutors in Nj will charge you with premeditation and being a wannbe cop.
ive heard this type of talk; but do we have real life examples of people being prosecuted for shooting an intruder in their home?

Old 07-10-2013, 07:38 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

Are knives OK?

Old 07-10-2013, 09:51 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
ive heard this type of talk; but do we have real life examples of people being prosecuted for shooting an intruder in their home?
Remember the words"I feared for my life" or "I feared for the life of my wife or kids". No jury will convict if it's in YOUR house.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:52 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,624,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Are knives OK?
Make sure they're sharp and pointy.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:00 PM

23,548 posts, read 17,219,108 times
Do a quick search and see several cases of prosecutors bending over backward to charge a homeowner.

A couple of cases in Lakewood to start.

Also see New Jersey Self Defense Law

Just listen to the current Zimmerman trial to see the ways and wiles of a deteremined prosecutor.

Recent 3 cases of firearms violations, not self defense shootings, reveal an activist attitude of the justice system where even if a person is 'legal' they get charged and end up paying thousands of dollars in self defense from the prosecutor. It is very clear NJ does its best to discourage gun ownership.

Point a gun at anyone and get the graves act mandatory 3 yrs.

Love to hear how the famous BBall player, who shot his chauffer, skipped over the 3 yr mandatory prison term for probation!!!!!!

Do as VP Biden suggets and fire a warning shot and be charged with assault. There is no source of information a citizen can trust to stay out of trouble with regard to firearm use and self defense. None.
Go to a gun shop and they try to sell you the big orange book of gun laws by a prominent lawyer. Well guess what? unless you have a gaggle of lawyers apprealing and interpreting and courts reversing those simple sounding words found in the law books you may as well be reading a donald duck comic book.

Herds of lawyers are salivating to take the side of a criminal wounded in a breakin. Hope you are willing to sacrifice all your hard earned possessions to defend yourself.

Any firearm administrative infraction will be charged except to the original criminal. It is the homeowner who becomes the criminal.

How can you prove you felt threatened...guaranteed the prosecutor will challenge that along with portraying you as timebomb waiting to go off because you own a gun for self defense.

forget guns for self defense in Nj......you face a formidble force of criminals who never paid for a subscription to the latest gun laws and a justice system that wishes to make a political and legal example of an otherwise law abiding homeowners who may inadvertantly be violating an administtrative law regrading firearm use and self defense rules.

Open season has been declared on NJ homeowners by prosecutors charging homeowners with crimes during breakins. The criminal element is watching and rejoicing the neutering of potential victims.

All the while your beloved legislators pass feel good laws that fail to address the source of the violence.....drugs and gangs.

Maybe flying gang colors on your front door will keep the other bad guys away.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:17 PM

i appreciate the time you spent in that post but i dont really want to read it unless its a specific example of someone using a gun in his home against an invader. i think we are on the same page regarding gun usage; but i dont want to read your rant on it.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:09 PM

367 posts, read 959,883 times
Realistically, if you own a van, SUV, or station wagon, why would a body be found on your living room floor? If it isn't found on your floor are you actually involved? Not advocating not reporting to the cops so that they can farg you over, just speculating.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:44 PM

88,567 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFBonnett View Post
Realistically, if you own a van, SUV, or station wagon, why would a body be found on your living room floor? If it isn't found on your floor are you actually involved? Not advocating not reporting to the cops so that they can farg you over, just speculating.
I can easily fit a body in the trunk of my Corolla.

I mean, I COULD. Yeah, that's what I meant.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFBonnett View Post
I live pretty close to my neighbors; id imagine someone would hear the gun shot. otherwise, im with you on what you said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey