Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 12:50 PM

316 posts, read 943,060 times

Advertisements

Thanks OCNJ girl. Which unit do you like?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 09:50 AM

Also, if anyone has any tips of things to do and restaurants please let me know!

Old 07-06-2013, 11:41 AM

50,768 posts, read 36,458,112 times
I would choose the one at 701 5th street or the one at 839 St. James. Both are very close to the beach and near the "action" of the boardwalk, and both seem to have off street parking. The one on West Ave. I wouldn't choose as West is a 4-lane road and IMO sitting on the porch watching cars whoosh by you can probably do at home, lol. That one pic they have of the beach is bogus, West is 4 blocks from the beach but they make it look like it's right there!

I wouldn't even consider 905 Pennlyn as there is no offstreet parking, and you will never find a street spot anywhere near it. The one on Central is okay, but I'd rather a house than a condo unit, and Central is 3 blocks from the beach.

Be aware they are all first floor, which could be an issue if your babies might have trouble sleeping in a new place with noise above you.

Will do another post on dining and activity options, but all the restaurants are very child-friendly. How old are the kids?

Old 07-06-2013, 12:55 PM

Thanks! I thought St James was the furthest from the boardwalk "action"?

What do you think of 511 18th Street?

The boys are a little over a year old. I figured first floor would easier with strollers and such.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:24 PM

Yes, St. James is a little farther, 1 block to the beginning of boardwalk and about 5 blocks from the first amusement pier, Wonderland. 701 5th would be closer to more things on the boardwalk but you have a block and a half walk to get there. 18th street is on the boardwalk but past the rides and things. The 2 amusement piers are at 6th street and 11th streets. All the stores and food places, golf places end at 14th street. It would be a little quieter at 18th and it looks like you're only about a block and a half from the beach. It would be a farther to walk to most restaurants. I would want to be in a location where I did not have to drive anywhere, as parking is very difficult anywhere in town that you go.

Old 07-06-2013, 08:22 PM

Thanks, am leaning toward 18th street due to proximity to beach, off street parking, and nice front porch, and 3 bedrooms

Old 07-07-2013, 07:17 AM

You'll have a good time no matter where, and that is a nice location. There is also a trolley that runs up and down from the south end down to the boardwalk, so if you do want to, say go to Wonderland at 6th or a restaurant in the north end, you can get on that and save the walk as well.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:53 PM

Hi everyone. Any advice on dining and activity options, or other things to do while we are in OC? thank you! It will be 8/31 - 9/7. I assume we are close enough to make a day trip over to AC one day too. thanks!

Old 08-08-2013, 10:10 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,984,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieguns View Post
Hi everyone. Any advice on dining and activity options, or other things to do while we are in OC? thank you! It will be 8/31 - 9/7. I assume we are close enough to make a day trip over to AC one day too. thanks!
I'm not familiar with OC, I've only been there a couple times I frequent Cape May, Wildwood, and the Seaside Park area but yes you are definitely very close to Atlantic City! Ocean City is about 10 miles south of AC. You could visit Lucy the Elephant in nearby Margate, though. A very interesting and dear quirk of the area and state in general.

Lucy the Elephant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-09-2013, 06:58 PM

2,932 posts, read 5,420,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikieguns View Post
Here are two websites specific to Ocean City:

Welcome to Ocean City New Jersey, America's Greatest Family Resort

Visit Ocean City, New Jersey | Official Site of OC New Jersey

I second the visit to see Lucy the Elephant. We vacationed in OCNJ last week and took a drive up to Margate to see Lucy. We also took the inside tour, but a word to the wise: the stairways (up and down) are somewhat narrow and circular. Best to know that ahead of time with little tikes in tow.

Lucy the Elephant

The Cape May County Zoo is not too far from OC...a VERY nice zoo with with quite a nice collection of animals. (Two baby snow leopards were recently born there.)

Cape May County Zoo - CMC Park & Zoo

A question for you: what are you looking to do in Atlantic City? Personally, I don't care for their boardwalk at all. OC's is nicer, in my opinion. On our recent vacation, my sons and I drove up there on a Saturday night. We like to eat at The Continental on Caesar's Pier, and check out some of Pier stores...but then, my kids are 20-somethings. AC just does not strike me as a place to take little kids, especially when you're staying in family-friendly OC, so I just wondered if you had something specific in mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey