Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 09:29 PM

2 posts, read 20,895 times

Advertisements

Let me clarify I don't mean to make it sound like Monroe is a bad area. What I mean is that it is so large and rural and has no "center", depending where you are in Monroe you really feel like you are in the outer limits and out of touch with each town it borders. Example to the south = Hightstown, to the West = Cranbury, to the north = Jamesburg, to the East = Englishtown. Monroe in the rural middle of all this feels like no where, but near some nice gated 55+ communities. Some nice houses on decent lots of land, sure. But if your looking for family friendly, walking downtown, soccer mom central this is not it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2008, 07:06 PM

61 posts, read 402,238 times
Default Best in Central Jersey!

I moved here in 1989 and it is great here. Low (comparitvely) property taxes, open environment, blue ribbon schools, 1 hour from NYC, Phila, shore. REAL low crime rate. I am selling my 3000' home on .68 acres in Monroe and moving to Southfield Estates also in Monroe. Email me and I'll send specifics on my existing home if anyone is interested. $625 does it!

Old 05-04-2008, 07:24 PM

33 posts, read 47,421 times
Smile Monroe Township

I live in Dynasty Estates in Monroe and it's a great place to raise kids. The active adult communities seem pretty much clumped together. If that bothers you then stay away from Stop-n-shop LOL. ( Monroe residents will understand that)
My kids love it here, I have a great house lots of kids here and there is a great rec. center that offers tons of things to do for kids.
As much as we love it here we are moving to Florida for business.
So if your deal dosen't go through you can look at my house.
It's 2.5 years old full brick 4500 sf cul-de-sac, 3 car garage, conservatory. If you click on that link for renaissance properties my house is the fairmont 4 with the conservatory, and some other bells and whistles.
Inground heated pool, paver patio. Lots of upgrades. 15k in window treatments. $899.900 let me know if you want more info. I will be listing it in 3 weeks. Right now it's FSBO, I'm an agent so i will list it myself.

Good Luck, you will love Monroe

Last edited by startpackinn; 05-04-2008 at 07:29 PM.. Reason: Forgot something

Old 06-29-2008, 07:00 AM

8 posts, read 35,265 times
Hi
I just joined this forum and have been reading the Monroe Twp. posts. I was so happy to read that you and your family are enjoying Monroe Twp. My family and I moved to East Brun. in 1975 and in 2000 decided to move to Monroe Twp. We also purchased a home built by the Renaincance (sp)Builder. I love my Yardley model.

As far as the town, I wish we would have moved here sooner. I just love the diversity of the town with all the different ages.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:06 AM

8 posts, read 35,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by multitaskmom View Post
I want to move to Monroe Township in NJ but I'm not sure how is the community there because when I go there the houses are beautiful but nobody is around.
Please help me to make the right decision because I have kids and my husband has to commute to NY
Monroe is a wonderful community for all. I live in a neighborhood with 65 homes and each home has at least 2 children. In the winter months a great majority of our senior population spend time in Florida and the Carolinas.

Old 09-14-2008, 05:36 PM

16 posts, read 99,514 times
Hello to all!!

I finally moving to Monroe in October, I pray my lord that we made the right decision because we are going there. My two kids are very exciting, I hope I can make friends, moms like me and friends for my little ones. I will be alone with my husband and my kids because the rest of my family will stay in New York but I want a peaceful place and a loving house for my family. I know God will help me overcome any obstacle we may face. Right!

Old 09-19-2008, 10:31 PM

11 posts, read 41,702 times
I've done extensive research on many towns in central Jersey because I have my house on the market as I type! Monroe was one of the towns that realtors like to publisize having an excellent schools system. In black and white I don't see it. The schools are not great, they are OK. The scores do not measure up to surrounding desirable towns (Marlboro, Lincroft etc.) From what I understand they are overcrowded too. If you want to move to an area because of school district, play it safe and move to East Brunswick. Monroe had good schools in the 90's. People who moved there seem to like it because they have alot of house for low property tax. People move there for new development and big cookie cutter homes. The town doesn't offer much. It's all rural, and residential. The realtors really blow up the school district. You can access the school report cards easily on the internet. P.S. Good luck dodging all the blue haired old folks!

Old 09-20-2008, 08:32 PM

I did also my research for a long time, what I know now is that there is a construction for a new highschool, I look everywhere too. It is very hard to satisfy every little detail in your life but Its done. I am going there, I hope it will be just perfect.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:51 PM

22 posts, read 68,047 times
I am just curious to know- how people actually look for a house in Monroe? Each time I tried, it throws me back a multitude listing of 55+ communities.

Old 09-20-2008, 09:02 PM

Monroe is huge my friend There are pleanty of 55+comm. but There are a lot of developments and nice areas that are good for families. I like it there, first I search in Monroe then Hazlet, Old bridge, East and North Brunswick, Randolph(another county), etc but we end up Monroe at last. What can I say you follow your heart!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey