Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 02:58 PM

14 posts, read 42,673 times

Advertisements

It was going up the hill on Raymond Blvd, after you pass University ave and start going up the hill toward NJIT

There are 2 lanes in both directions. The cop was in the left lane going slow, the two cars were in the right lane ahead of me and I passed the cop once the cars in the right lane got far enough ahead.

The cop actually said she did it on purpose driving slow in that lane because she knew I was going to try to pass her
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
^^
THIS!!!

(and I kinda love that your precious gold card didn't help)

My father was shot protecting citizens of the state of New Jersey. If you don't have anything productive to add to the conversation then why don't you not post instead of making these insulting comments.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:49 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,974,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by general151 View Post
My father was shot protecting citizens of the state of New Jersey. If you don't have anything productive to add to the conversation then why don't you not post instead of making these insulting comments.

I thank your father for his service.

But that entitles his sniveling son to NOTHING - no special treatment for legal infractions.

Yeah, I think you were all huffy stuck in traffic (and NOT for miles) and then you blew by on the right and got yourself a ticket. Own it.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:41 PM

5,770 posts, read 16,575,408 times
Quote:
It was going up the hill on Raymond Blvd, after you pass University ave and start going up the hill toward NJIT

There are 2 lanes in both directions. The cop was in the left lane going slow, the two cars were in the right lane ahead of me and I passed the cop once the cars in the right lane got far enough ahead.

The cop actually said she did it on purpose driving slow in that lane because she knew I was going to try to pass her
The way I read this you did not break any laws.

Old 07-09-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
I thank your father for his service.

But that entitles his sniveling son to NOTHING - no special treatment for legal infractions.

Yeah, I think you were all huffy stuck in traffic (and NOT for miles) and then you blew by on the right and got yourself a ticket. Own it.

Thanks again for wasting my time with this useless post.

Yea I'm going to lie on a anonymous message board because I really care what you all think.

I wrote out exactly how it happened, I'm trying to find out if I broke any laws and if I have a shot at protesting this type of ticket in court.

So unless you have any facts on the LAW and these so called 'legal infractions' then your just taking up space and wasting everyones time

Old 07-09-2013, 09:36 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,974,714 times
Quote:
Thanks again for wasting my time with this useless post.

Yea I'm going to lie on a anonymous message board because I really care what you all think.

I wrote out exactly how it happened, I'm trying to find out if I broke any laws and if I have a shot at protesting this type of ticket in court.

So unless you have any facts on the LAW and these so called 'legal infractions' then your just taking up space and wasting everyones time
"exactly", huh? Oh, do tell what "few miles" it was that you were stuck behind this college cop. You expressed knowledge of doing something wrong -- what, exactly? And just why did you expect special treatment?

Hey, it's everyone's right to fight a ticket. Take a shot -- if you've read any ticket threads here (which I'm sure you did right, since you wouldn't want to waste anyone's time?) then you should know you have a great shot ate reducing or maybe eliminating the points, but will pay a higher fine.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
"exactly", huh? Oh, do tell what "few miles" it was that you were stuck behind this college cop. You expressed knowledge of doing something wrong -- what, exactly? And just why did you expect special treatment?

Hey, it's everyone's right to fight a ticket. Take a shot -- if you've read any ticket threads here (which I'm sure you did right, since you wouldn't want to waste anyone's time?) then you should know you have a great shot ate reducing or maybe eliminating the points, but will pay a higher fine.

There was a load of traffic on Raymond Blvd and it runs down from 1&9 all the way up to University Heights area. I don't know the exact length of the from road but its definitely over 1 or 2 miles.

I expressed knowledge of doing something wrong in my original post because as I was thinking back on it I believed that passing on the right was illegal, however others in the thread are now saying it is legal to pass on the right in a two lane road.

The cop said that I cut her off. First of all I don't know what the technical definition of 'cutting someone off' is. I would think it would involve the person you pass having to break to avoid hitting you which is clearly not the case here as the cop was going a slower speed then me. So I don't really know what I did to deserve this harsh ticket as my actions, according to the posters here, did not break any laws or endanger anyones lives.

Old 07-09-2013, 10:24 PM

Additionally as I did some research on this topic, the appropriate ticket for this type of offence if the cop really thought I cut her off would be 'unsafe lane change' which is a 2 point offence.

Improper passing would indicate I did an illegal lane change and is 4 points and much higher offense.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:23 AM

3,377 posts, read 14,620,700 times
Quote:
Additionally as I did some research on this topic, the appropriate ticket for this type of offence if the cop really thought I cut her off would be 'unsafe lane change' which is a 2 point offence.

Improper passing would indicate I did an illegal lane change and is 4 points and much higher offense.
First off improper passing and unsafe lane change are two different violations, improper passing does not indicate you made an illegal lane change. In addition it seems like your story may be changing a bit. Did you simply pass the other vehicle on the right? If you did and you both were traveling in the same direction with two lanes of travel in that direction and you weren't speeding then the summons was not warranted. Now it seems like there may have been another issue. Are you sure you didn't become frustrated with the other vehicle traveling slow in front of you, pass on the right and then quickly change lanes back in front of the other vehicle (which is also know as the New Jersey F.U. move)? If that's what really happened then you should have received a careless driving or unsafe lane change summons. If you feel that you were as you put it "BAITED" by the police officer that gave you the summons then by all means report her to UMDNJ, plead not guilty and have your day in court. I'm sure your testimony and hers will be completely different.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:59 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,392,946 times
Quote:
^^
THIS!!!

(and I kinda love that your precious gold card didn't help)
i'm thinking there are some details left out of this story. i've seen thousands of people pass police on the right. i'm not buying it. improper passing - probably used the shoulder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: