Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 06:03 AM

589 posts, read 1,346,954 times

Advertisements

If you want a non-commercial, natural and uncrowded beach, I would suggest driving just a little further and checking out Avon, Spring Lake, or some other beaches in that area. I lived in Spring Lake for a time, and that whole area is just wonderful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 07:42 AM

88,508 posts, read 84,673,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
is there anyth closer or these two are the best bet?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Closer to what? I thought you were coming from the north.
Quote:

to me
You said you live by the Meadowlands. That is coming from the north. How could any beaches be any closer to you than the northernmost beaches?

Old 07-10-2013, 09:11 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
Quote:
In January? No.

Neither is West End beach. Here's what it looks like at dawn on New Year's Day:

And here's Sandy Hook at sunrise on Christmas Day. Not crowded at all. Of course, it was overcast.
you have any pictures of the naked beaches when it is busy?

Old 07-10-2013, 09:20 AM

69 posts, read 206,891 times
That comment made my day . Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
you have any pictures of the naked beaches when it is busy?

Old 07-10-2013, 10:43 AM

690 posts, read 963,329 times
Quote:
You said you live by the Meadowlands. That is coming from the north. How could any beaches be any closer to you than the northernmost beaches?
thas y im askin, i dont kno! maybe there are some other ones im missin

Old 07-10-2013, 11:48 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,974,852 times
Quote:
The trouble with Sea Bright is that it suffered terrible damage in Sandy. It was still pretty depressing to drive through in May.
I know

Old 07-10-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Mightyqueen already gave you a list of the closest beaches starting at Sandy Hook, NJ's northernmost beach and a national park. Sandy Hook, Sea Bright, Monmouth Beach, Long Branch, then there's Deal, Allenhurst, Loch Arbour, Asbury Park, Neptune, Bradley Beach, Avon (I love Avon too), Belmar, Spring Lake (great area), Sea Girt, and Manasquan in order from north to south. Those are Monmouth County's coastal towns, the northernmost beach county. Across the inlet from Manasquan is Point Pleasant, the beginning of Ocean County but a great area if you have a family.

Out of those I recommend Long Branch, Avon, Belmar, Spring Lake, Sea Girt, and Manasquan. Closest to your location out of those would still be Long Branch.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:42 PM

690 posts, read 963,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Mightyqueen already gave you a list of the closest beaches starting at Sandy Hook, NJ's northernmost beach and a national park. Sandy Hook, Sea Bright, Monmouth Beach, Long Branch, then there's Deal, Allenhurst, Loch Arbour, Asbury Park, Neptune, Bradley Beach, Avon (I love Avon too), Belmar, Spring Lake (great area), Sea Girt, and Manasquan in order from north to south. Those are Monmouth County's coastal towns, the northernmost beach county. Across the inlet from Manasquan is Point Pleasant, the beginning of Ocean County but a great area if you have a family.

Out of those I recommend Long Branch, Avon, Belmar, Spring Lake, Sea Girt, and Manasquan. Closest to your location out of those would still be Long Branch.
ok, ill look into all that
i guess keansburg is no good?

Old 07-10-2013, 02:45 PM

3,984 posts, read 7,073,085 times
Quote:
The beach at Darlington County Park is closer.

Old 07-10-2013, 02:58 PM

Quote:
ok, ill look into all that
i guess keansburg is no good?
Keansburg is a bay beach. The amusement/water park was a pretty good place for families, too, though, at least before Sandy. The storm tore up that boardwalk, too, if I'm not mistaken. I personally would not swim in the Raritan Bay but there are beaches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey