Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 08:12 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,848,855 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I think its overkill to call the cops; but they should keep their kids clothed. my brother's "fiancé" is from Croatia and their kid is totally naked all the time when they go to the beach. they are like animals. in my opinion, nobody should be naked on the beach unless its a hot chick.
Thats their culture , Europe is more mature when it comes to the human body. Females in alot of countries can be topless in public ,and unless there bring attention to themselves like body art or a protest people don't really stare or gawk like they would here. Mainly due to the Matureness of people over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2013, 08:16 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Thats their culture , Europe is more mature when it comes to the human body. Females in alot of countries can be topless in public ,and unless there bring attention to themselves like body art or a protest people don't really stare or gawk like they would here. Mainly due to the Matureness of people over there.
that is very true, b/c the people who rented the home next to mine on the island, were the same way, didn't bother me in the least...but yes, American's are so primitive when it comes to the human body...
and yes, they do not gawk like people here in the states, they are mature and reserved about their own business....they don't venture beyond emtional, personal or mental boarders

Old 07-12-2013, 08:20 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,684,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoYanks34 View Post

I wonder sometimes were these people always around when we were growing up and we were just unaware because we didn't have the internet, easy to use video/digital cameras and 24 hr news channels or are more criminals/sickos/sociopaths actually being produced? When I was in my teens we used to hang out on Anderson Ave in Cliffside Park and wait until someone pulled over so we could "cruise" the avenue with them. And I mean anyone (preferably with long hair and cute though - I was an 80's child, LOL) - we would jump right in that car with a bunch of strange people. Me and my friends talk about it now and we were all so lucky that nothing horrible ever happened to us. While we did make some good friends and had a blast since we were completely oblivious to the possible dangers - what the hell were we thinking?!
They totally were. We used to do the same thing as teens, in addition to hopping the bus to go into NY and roaming around the streets near Times Square and the Village. BTW - it's MUCH safer now than it was in the 80's so yes, we were VERY lucky.

Old 07-12-2013, 08:52 AM

2,535 posts, read 6,666,272 times
Quote:
This is somewhat off topic but this not a "maturity" issue. It's a cultural difference. Are Muslims or Hasidic Jews "immature" because they cover their skin and/or hair in public? Of course not. Respect and sensitivity to local customs/culture/norms is a mark of distinction not a badge of shame.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:12 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
haha thanks for telling me "thats their culture." i understand that. i still think the kids look like animals running around naked on the beach.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
haha thanks for telling me "thats their culture." i understand that. i still think the kids look like animals running around naked on the beach.
Thats on nude beaches , its not like its down a public street or anything... If people want to be all natural and nude theres nothing wrong with that and where all animals....supposedly the smartest in the kingdom... I'm not so sure of that...we are the only animal that stereotypes , discriminates and hates differences within our own kind...

Old 07-12-2013, 11:58 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoYanks34 View Post

I wonder sometimes were these people always around when we were growing up and we were just unaware because we didn't have the internet, easy to use video/digital cameras and 24 hr news channels or are more criminals/sickos/sociopaths actually being produced? When I was in my teens we used to hang out on Anderson Ave in Cliffside Park and wait until someone pulled over so we could "cruise" the avenue with them. And I mean anyone (preferably with long hair and cute though - I was an 80's child, LOL) - we would jump right in that car with a bunch of strange people. Me and my friends talk about it now and we were all so lucky that nothing horrible ever happened to us. While we did make some good friends and had a blast since we were completely oblivious to the possible dangers - what the hell were we thinking?!
They were around, but it was often swept under the rug. I can remember being in eighth grade and hearing the whispers that a guy who was a volunteer on the ambulance corps had molested a boy in our class. No names were mentioned. This had to be 1971 or so.

More than two decades later, when child molestation was a subject that was discussed out loud and was reported in the media, our former ambulance corps volunteer was arrested in another part of Bergen County for molesting young boys. He'd been doing it for years, and victims were coming forward. The newspaper did an interview with a now-grown man I'd graduated from high school with. He told the story of how he'd been molested by this man when he was part of a jr. ambulance corps program and had told his priest, who called the cops. The molester was thrown out of the ambulance corps and more or less told to leave town. No charges were filed. My classmate wasn't given any counseling or encouraged to talk about it. He'd developed drug problems over the years, but at the time of the interview he was clean and sober. He attributed his use of drugs to the shame and unfinished business of the molestation, and it wasn't until he was older and sought help that he was able to resolve a lot of his emotions. Fortunately, he was able to get his life back on track--he's rather wealthy now, having gotten into real estate development in another part of the country.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:00 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Thats on nude beaches , its not like its down a public street or anything... If people want to be all natural and nude theres nothing wrong with that and where all animals....supposedly the smartest in the kingdom... I'm not so sure of that...we are the only animal that stereotypes , discriminates and hates differences within our own kind...

its on public beaches. i think there is something wrong with having your kids run around the beach naked.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:02 PM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdstyles View Post
This is somewhat off topic but this not a "maturity" issue. It's a cultural difference. Are Muslims or Hasidic Jews "immature" because they cover their skin and/or hair in public? Of course not. Respect and sensitivity to local customs/culture/norms is a mark of distinction not a badge of shame.
I remember when I was a kid there was a girl whose father worked for an oil company. They'd lived in an African country (forget which one) where it was OK for women to walk around topless but they could get arrested if their ankles and lower legs showed beneath their long skirts.

Old 07-12-2013, 04:16 PM

Quote:
its on public beaches. i think there is something wrong with having your kids run around the beach naked.
Its not a sexually charged culture over there , like I said people are pretty open with their bodies...and life in general...whats shocking to you is normal to them.....and Europeans have been doing it for thousands of years...its in history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey