Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 03:09 PM

10 posts, read 58,253 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard about Lennar closing some of it's construction sites down? Articles say builder pulled plug at retirement development Marion County called JB Ranch.
And Problems at a community called Heritage Isles.

Locally, Greenbrier Falls, upper end townhouses in Tinton Falls NJ seems to be left half built, telephone number no longer working. Passed by, I saw no building activity at all.
With the building industry in such bad shape is Greenbrier in Waretown in a strong position to be completed as planned? Has any residents or potential buyers heard, or aware of these or other problems?
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2008, 06:52 PM

11,297 posts, read 16,588,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veriz View Post
Has anyone heard about Lennar closing some of it's construction sites down? Articles say builder pulled plug at retirement development Marion County called JB Ranch.
And Problems at a community called Heritage Isles.

Locally, Greenbrier Falls, upper end townhouses in Tinton Falls NJ seems to be left half built, telephone number no longer working. Passed by, I saw no building activity at all.
With the building industry in such bad shape is Greenbrier in Waretown in a strong position to be completed as planned? Has any residents or potential buyers heard, or aware of these or other problems?
Thanks
Greenbrier Falls is also off their website and so is their 55+ in Rio Grande, Cape May County.

I have a bad feeling about this and we were looking to move to Waretown sometime next year.

Old 07-30-2008, 07:15 AM

Default Lennar

MPBsr

Thanks for your reply. Our time frame is the same as yours, and we too are a little worried about these 'close-downs.'

We are looking forward to moving to Greenbrier in Waretown --already have friends living there. We are also golfers so the golf course is important to us.

It looks to us like the building is slowing in Waretown ( The economic conditions ) are effecting it like everywhere else.

If you hear any new information about the builder, or any thing involving Greenbrier let us know and we will keep in touch and do the same for you.

Who knows, we might wind up neighbors.

Thanks again

Old 07-30-2008, 04:35 PM

Veriz

I also know that Lennar hasn't been doing spec building in Waretown since late last year, so that's another reason for slowing down.

Always looking to make new friends.

Old 08-02-2008, 07:59 PM

2,111 posts, read 7,935,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irismike View Post
JoeV11: Hi: We are thinking of looking at the Southwind at this 55 and over community and have a few questions:
Since my husband and I don't play golf will this harm us in meeting people?

since the community is over 5 years old...are there clicks or is it easy to fit in (even if you don't play golf)

How is the shopping (supermarkets, shopping malls, Costco, Bj's) how far are they from the development

How far are hospitals and doctors?

Is there a loft? Finished, unfinished

Is it true everything is included? No extras?

Are you happy you moved there?

We are from Long Island, NY and are used to all the conveniences to be right near us.

I really appreciated any info you can give us.

THank you in advance. Iris

If you want to answer directly my email is: irisbobi@hotmail.com
I am interested in 55 and over and Greenbriar in Waretown. My Dad lives about 10mi south in Manahawkin. Most stores are down by him on rt 72 in Manahawkin with stores like Home Depot, Lowes, Walmart, Best Buys, Kohls etc. Shop Rite just opened on rt 9 in Waretown. Costco just opened on 72 in Manahawkin. There is a hospital, doctors etc in Manahawkin and the bridge to LBI. I'm not sure what's around Waretown except for Shoprite. I want to check this out as I too am close to retirement, but I do not play golf, just like to cook.......lol. There is a thread in here about the bugs in South Jersey but I'm getting bit up here too, only the bites are worse down there. I am in Woodbridge area but I don't know how I would like being in 55+ community, although I like the quiet (from kids).

Old 08-04-2008, 01:17 PM

MPBsr

FYI---you might find this interesting another pull-out?
LEN Lennar sells take in Richmond condos (http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/1792386/ - broken link)

Old 08-04-2008, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veriz View Post
MPBsr

FYI---you might find this interesting another pull-out?
LEN Lennar sells take in Richmond condos (http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/1792386/ - broken link)
This is not good news. When/if we buy next I'll make sure I give them as little as possible for a down payment. Don't want this to turn into something that Kara Homes did and screwed a lot of people.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:43 AM

Yes, I agree with you. I will try to keep any downpayments to 1% or less if possible.
Don't want to get caught holding the bag if it goes sour.
Keep in touch.

Old 08-11-2008, 11:02 AM

Here is another piece of information for you to ponder.

http://seekingalpha.com/article/88967-homebuilder-bankruptcies-who-might-be-next

Old 08-11-2008, 05:59 PM

Not good news.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey