Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 09:49 AM

1 posts, read 5,171 times

Advertisements

I live in Greenbriar. Stopped at the sales office yesterday and can report that 18 contracts were signed recently -- some for homes on $80,000 premium lots. We are healthy and growing, so don't worry about your investment here. I think it's solid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2008, 09:58 AM

10 posts, read 58,431 times
Unhappy 55 Age Restriction

Check out the following article from the Asbury Park Press. Could Greenbriar Oceanaire change???? Let us hope NOT!!!

Age restriction becoming a drag | APP.com | Asbury Park Press

Old 10-03-2008, 10:28 PM

171 posts, read 621,940 times
Smile The power plant is on Oyster Creek...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischfan13 View Post
The Power Plant is in Lacey...not Waretown.
If you are afraid to move near the plant then I can understand.
We are all dead.
We, however, do glow in the dark and are able to grow tomatoes the size of basketballs and cukes the size of sequoias.
which is the border between Lacey Township(Forked River) and Ocean Township (Waretown). Lived in Waretown for 20 years and loved it. Have heard both areas have become "ghetto" in the past few years. Too bad, if true.I had some of the best years of my life in Waretown. I now live in a very similar place in Florida but I don't think it compares to the Waretown I enjoyed. The power plant was never a problem and the fishing/crabbing/clamming was out of this world.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:04 AM

34 posts, read 82,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
Is anyone afraid of the potential dangers and hazzards of the nuclear plant in Waretown, which is the reason I am afraid to buy in Greenbriar?
Being radioactive has its benefits. Because we all glow in the dark we don't have to turn on as many lights and save on energy.

We are doing our part to combat global warning, you see.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:08 AM

34 posts, read 82,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irismike View Post
Joev11: How are the taxes where you are now compared to the Lennar homes in Monroe, NJ. Any info would be greatly appreciated..

Approximately $2000 less but keep in mind that our place here in Waretown is on the golf course while the one in Monroe was an interior (back to back) lot.

Old 10-06-2008, 07:44 AM

Dear Augie, I had a home in Plantation Florida was a very nice place to live at ONE time. Now, speaking of "GHETTO", as you have stated, too bad, is English still the the offical language of your state ? Have you been reading the papers lately in and about Florida. Without getting into the details, I would be very cautious when using the word "GHETTO".

Old 10-11-2008, 03:51 PM

5 posts, read 33,556 times
Hi, i just joined today and found this thread ... i am in the process of building a house in Oceanaire Greenbriar and i should close on November 17th ... trust me when i tell you that i searched high and low in Ocean County for the right "fit" for me ... (i am a widow) ... Lennar builds a very high quality home ... (i know of them through friends in Florida) ... i am going to have the house of my dreams ... i am building the CHESAPEAKE Model ... and i am on the golf course ... it's so exciting ... from start to finish, it has been nothing but "all good" ... everything on schedule and to plan ... the sales staff ... (Eileen) ... is amazing ... so caring and detail oriented ... she's wonderful to work with ... the people i have met on my street are so welcoming .. and i haven't even gotten there yet ... i know i will find happiness there ... oh my gosh and that CLUBHOUSE ... oooo-la-la ... i guess i have to take up golf now ... !!! ... for all of you that are considering Oceanaire Greenbriar ... i don't think you can go wrong ... seriously ... !!! ... jo-jo

Old 10-12-2008, 08:08 PM

8 posts, read 40,091 times
I just saw this blog, and i live in Greenbriar Falls in Tinton Falls, NJ. Yes Lennar has left us high and dry. They have left our community half built and extremly unsightly. We have tried unsucessfully to contact them and have them come out and speak with us, but get no response. Since they have decided to pull out their subsidy, we are now faced with association fees that have to be raised. It is a real mess over here, with no hope for a resolution. This builder should be ashamed of themselves, and anyone who is thinking of purchasing a lennar property is doing so at an extreme risk. Our investments in this company, made in good faith, are falling. The real shame here is they didnt even have the decency to come and talk with us and explain what was going on. They just stopped building, shut down the sales model, and now have had an auction selling the contents of the model. The only thing we can hope for at this point is another builder comes in and finishes the community. My advice to anyone going to purchase a lennar property is go over and look at a Hovnanian property instead.!

Old 10-13-2008, 07:08 AM

Jo-Jo
Glad to hear how happy you are with Oceanaire. We had looked all over South Jersey and in our opinion we found that Oceanaire was the best for us. Yes, the clubhouse and golf course are top notch. We are "new" owners their also and have recomended it to our friends. See you at the pool sometime.............

Old 10-14-2008, 04:44 AM

5 posts, read 33,556 times
Greentree1 ... oh my goodness .. i am really sorry you are having difficulty with the Lennar Group ... it's just that i am having an amazing experience with them and Greenbriar Oceanaire is up and really running .. there is so much NEW construction going on ... each time i visit, i see more and more homes going up ... hopefully, a new builder will take your development on ... and keep things going for all of you ... i did look at K-Hov homes ... it's just that everything was an EXTRA ... regarding upgrades, etc. ... Lennar gave me EVERYTHING, all upgrades included in the price ... plus a $68,000 discount ... off the price of my home ... it was an offer i couldn't resist ... again, i wish you luck ... jo-jo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey