Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2013, 11:31 AM

2,387 posts, read 2,340,269 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
It all sounds great, Nex, on paper, but the truth is still that almost every day we read or hear of another shooting or some other violent crime in Newark. Yes, it might be blocks away from where someone is planning to go, but people are going to think "why even take the chance when I can go somewhere that I'm probably safer?"
In the same areas that are easily avoided and "tourists" aren't going to go(if they do they're stupid). Newsflash: I live close to Philly and hear on the news shootings/homicides almost every single day, especially on weekends. Should that stop someone from going to the sports complex in South Philly(which has violent crime too btw) to attend games and concerts? Should people not go to MSG based on murders happening uptown? Or Yankee Stadium? Or Ravens/orioles games in Baltimore? Or Greektown in Detroit? Of course not, so why should going to Prudential Center(which many people attend; check out the rankings) or the Ironbound/Downtown to eat be any different?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 01:59 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlindin View Post
Brick, N.J. Ranked Safest City in United States
the mayor of brick should be running for senate!

Old 09-08-2013, 07:18 PM

108 posts, read 149,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
the mayor of brick should be running for senate!
Yes, a very smart man indeed… ..

Old 09-08-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you, but Washington is a very segregated city. Having lived there for 4 years, I can tell you that the places where tourists go is not the same Washington DC as the places where all the crime and poverty happens. The nice (touristy) parts of the city are some of the most heavily guarded places in the world.
Of course its guarded it the capital and home of the president. And if your trying to tell me that the homeless problem isn't all downtown washington then your closing your eyes, washington dc is no different then any other city, not everywhere is bad but not everywhere is good, same for newark nj… ..

Old 09-08-2013, 07:28 PM

And having lived in newark for 31 years I can tell you that not everywhere is bad. My sister lives in dc and works for the government, I've been there a ton of times and in not just talkin something I read somewhere, every city has its faults… .

Old 09-08-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
In the same areas that are easily avoided and "tourists" aren't going to go(if they do they're stupid). Newsflash: I live close to Philly and hear on the news shootings/homicides almost every single day, especially on weekends. Should that stop someone from going to the sports complex in South Philly(which has violent crime too btw) to attend games and concerts? Should people not go to MSG based on murders happening uptown? Or Yankee Stadium? Or Ravens/orioles games in Baltimore? Or Greektown in Detroit? Of course not, so why should going to Prudential Center(which many people attend; check out the rankings) or the Ironbound/Downtown to eat be any different?
Your absolutely correct, I'm realizing that most of these people are just scared of a city atmosphere and are looking in through newspaper articles,

Old 09-08-2013, 07:38 PM

I can go on google and pull up a headline from every city in the us rite now of a crime or murder, thats easy. Should we say boston is bad because the bombing, no, it happen. Thats not going to make me stop going there because I think I'm gonna get killed. Cut me a break.

Old 09-08-2013, 07:53 PM

No one is saying it dosnt have problems, but not all of newark is bad. Have you ever even been here ? No

Old 09-08-2013, 08:23 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,687,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlindin View Post
Of course its guarded it the capital and home of the president. And if your trying to tell me that the homeless problem isn't all downtown washington then your closing your eyes, washington dc is no different then any other city, not everywhere is bad but not everywhere is good, same for newark nj… ..
I went to school in dc, that was 12-16 years ago. there were so many homeless people around there it was amazing (this was in the northwest in the decent areas). many buildings at night would have their entranceways full of homeless. im sure its not the only city with a homeless problem but if you step aside to pee on a building there you better check to make sure you aren't peeing on a bum (and I have peed on many buildings in dc).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey