Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 06:54 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
....i understand crime can happen anywhere. below is a picture of an elderly man apparently being sexually assaulted in broad daylight in a nice part of nyc. but im still going to prefer to be in a low crime area even understanding there is never a guarantee.
HA! I saw that in the news. He attacked the guy for taking his picture. It made me realize how lucky i was that he didn't notice me snap this pic of him last month.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 07:23 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,990,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gentleman View Post
Show me the proliferation of economically down and out crime ridden cities in Florida that exit in New Jersey. Yes, there may be crime, as you find in all big cities, but in New Jersey you can't point to one prosperous city in the whole state. Every single one is in an advanced state of deterioration and teetering on bankrupt and Camden continually wins the yearly distinction of Murder Capital of the US. My glass house allows the Florida sunshine in while NJ residents are huddled around their fireplace in winter after shoveling the snow from their walks....or worse yet.....the dreaded "wintery mix" usually consisting of snow, sleet, freezing rain and a mixture of half frozen slop. I can do something outside 52 weeks a year down here.....not so in New Jersey.
Want a medal?

I'll hand it to you when I'm on my way down the mountains in Sussex County skiing in January. Stand there, I'll meet you.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:02 AM

478 posts, read 700,720 times
No medal needed. I used to ski too but I never wasted my time on any "resorts" that New Jersey had to offer. I spent most of my time skiing New Hampshire....Waterville Valley, Loon, Cannon, Bretton Woods and Wildcat and if l chose to ski again they are all just a short plane ride away. Suggesting that New Jersey offers anything comparable in the way of ski resorts or scenery is just plain laughable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Want a medal?

I'll hand it to you when I'm on my way down the mountains in Sussex County skiing in January. Stand there, I'll meet you.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:08 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
HA! I saw that in the news. He attacked the guy for taking his picture. It made me realize how lucky i was that he didn't notice me snap this pic of him last month.
you are lucky he didnt sick those vicious beasts on you.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:19 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gentleman View Post
No medal needed. I used to ski too but I never wasted my time on any "resorts" that New Jersey had to offer. I spent most of my time skiing New Hampshire....Waterville Valley, Loon, Cannon, Bretton Woods and Wildcat and if l chose to ski again they are all just a short plane ride away. Suggesting that New Jersey offers anything comparable in the way of ski resorts or scenery is just plain laughable.
Did you hop on over here just to bash Jersey?? If so please go away...

Old 08-29-2013, 10:20 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
LOL

Old 08-29-2013, 10:43 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
LOL. He is not the most pleasant guy in the world, but the dogs seem nice enough.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
LOL. He is not the most pleasant guy in the world, but the dogs seem nice enough.
he seems to have a pretty nasty temper. it just shows you that no matter how much of an a-hole you may be that your dogs will still love you.

im not a fan of alec (of course im a conservative) but i do like him a little more after seeing that picture of him assaulting that photographer. at least he did something to entertain me.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:25 AM

478 posts, read 700,720 times
In case you haven't noticed most of the threads posted in the anew Jersey forum are by New Jersey residents unhappy with so etching in New Jersey. I'm a recent former resident that happens to have a history of knowledge regarding New Jersey.....no different than if I still resided there. What appears to irk you is that your still stuck in New Jersey and dealing with all it's problems and your hearing unpleasant input/facts from someone now considered to be an outsider. However, that doesn't change the facts....they are what they are.....don't shoot the messenger.....either do something to change the sad facts......or get out like many have chosen to do ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Did you hop on over here just to bash Jersey?? If so please go away...

Old 08-29-2013, 11:28 AM

i dont really like the state bashing. its so mean. cant we just focus on bashing specific aspects that we dont like? im pretty sure there are people living happily in both nj and florida. neither is perfect or completely uniform throughout the state. the state bashing seems silly to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey