Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 09:30 PM

38 posts, read 229,691 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm new to this forum and got into looking at condos in hackensack..found this really nice one near polifly road. I would like to know if the area is good or not. I went there only once, it seems pretty nice and quiet. I would like some input on this area. thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2007, 08:01 AM

146 posts, read 909,705 times
Polifly Road isn't that bad but if you go deeper into Hackensack it's not that safe. Some parts are OK. I think you'll be ok on Polifly, just don't go past Essex Street too much.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:08 AM

thanks for the reply...you make it sound like its really bad...

so far i found out that there's a costco about 1 mile away,

stop and shop is right there too, with tons of resturants on main street...
and also the riverside mall is close by too. so its pretty nice...
but what you are saying kind of scares me a bit, the condo i'm looking at is at the corner of essex and polifly..im having doubts..

Old 02-08-2007, 02:55 PM

Well....like I said just don't go too deep into Hackie. Mayor Bloomberg's (NYC)assistant was car jacked there - robbed and beat up. But that doesn't happen everyday.

Essex and Polify is fine. Are you renting the condo or buying? It is a prime area for real estate. If you are buying you might want to consider the condo's off of Summit Ave instead. They are huge tall towers. Very nice.

Old 02-08-2007, 03:24 PM

Im actually buying. the condo is located on polifly road. The condo itself is very nice, and the price is just where i want it. For the size, I dotn think i can get any better. 2 bedroom and 2baths for 390k..1500sqft..
Its perfect for convenience and comfort. But like you said if where I live is ok..then i think i can handle it. I would probably go to the city to hangout late nites. thanks!

Old 02-08-2007, 07:53 PM

359 posts, read 2,593,081 times
Dont even worry about Hackensack. Its a completley safe town with only some blocks that look a little shady but they arnt dangerous by any means. It has great food to. Lots of Spanish Restaurants on maine street. You will like it. You can walk at night in basically all of Hackensack and youll be safe i would suggest not walking neard the bridge that connects Hackensack and Teaneck because its a prime spot for bums, also it sees alot of gang violence (between Teaneck and Hackensack). But besides that you will be fine.

Old 02-09-2007, 07:28 AM

Ummm no I don't think I or anyone would walk at night in Hackie and think its safe. Sorry CrazyKidUno but you are a kid and fearless (like I once was) so nothing bothers you. Your tune will change when you get older. I used to think Newark was safe when I was young.

Anyway, good luck on the closing. I am sure you will be very happy, Hasbrouck Heights is right next door and I love that town. NYC is a stone throw away, you are right in the middle of route 17, 4, the parkway, 80, its a great spot to be if you can afford it- which of course you can. There are great restaurants around and lots to do. Great place to be when you are single.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:03 AM

thanks, right now i think its the only place i can afford with the lifestyle that I want..easy access to the city and like you said, bunch of restaurants to dine in. thanks again for the input. Meanwhile, I'm going to keep on researching.

btw, 390k for a 2bedroom..a good price? is the neighborhood priced around there? I checked zillow and trulia, it seems like they vary greatly around town. I guess it depends on which part. Another thing I'm afraid of, value going down.

Old 02-09-2007, 08:31 AM

I think that as of right now $360k would have been more like it. But again its closer to the "better" neighborhood of Hasbrouck Heights. You are close to the GWB. What kind of shape is the condo in? Is it in mint condition? What are the taxes like? The price is high because of where you are.

I don't think you will lose out on money if you sell it. Just hold onto it for a few years because the market is plateauing right now, the sales aren't climbing. They will start going up again in a few years.

Old 02-09-2007, 09:54 AM

the building is brand new..its still in construction..wont be done til may. I know the market went down a bit, thats y im asking if 390k is what i should paying. The maintenence is 350 a month..includes heat/water/trash/gym/and all the common area stuff..it seems reasonable to me, but then again I'm coming from long island so not so familiar with pricing in NJ. You think i should ask for less...they were asking for 410k, then i ask them to lower it, they gave me 399k..and i finally got a price of 390k. they wont budge any lower. according to them. they added hardwood floors to all area except the bedrooms and got recess lightings in all rooms, thats why the price is a bit higher. BS!!! but anyway, thanks for the help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey