U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 07:05 PM

112 posts, read 219,806 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for both a great place for sandwiches, which yelp is a big help, but also an Italian grocery store. A place where I can get fresh olives, bread, sausage, etc. any suggestions?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 07:25 PM

291 posts, read 890,006 times
If you want a big place with tons of selection, Corrado's in Wayne is good. For smaller, more specialty places with great sandwiches, LaStrada in Ridgewood (used to be in Midland Park) is our favorite, and A&S in Wyckoff is good, too.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:32 PM

67,922 posts, read 63,360,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjersey View Post
If you want a big place with tons of selection, Corrado's in Wayne is good. For smaller, more specialty places with great sandwiches, LaStrada in Ridgewood (used to be in Midland Park) is our favorite, and A&S in Wyckoff is good, too.
I was going to suggest LaStrada in Midland Park. I had no idea they moved. I moved, too, guess that's why!

I am not that big on Italian hero sandwiches, but I loved the ones from LaStrada. Everything tasted so fresh.

Old 09-17-2013, 07:40 PM

607 posts, read 858,647 times
A & A Fine Foods in Lincoln Park has some excellent sandwiches and Italian selections

Old 09-17-2013, 07:43 PM

291 posts, read 890,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I was going to suggest LaStrada in Midland Park. I had no idea they moved. I moved, too, guess that's why!

I am not that big on Italian hero sandwiches, but I loved the ones from LaStrada. Everything tasted so fresh.

MQ, they missed you so much, they had to leave town?

It was probably about a year ago that they moved--their old spot in MP is actually another deli owned by the same family (not sure how closely related), I think it's called Grosso's (haven't been, heard it was OK but we prefer the real thing!)

Old 09-17-2013, 07:48 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,748,935 times
North Jersey? You could throw a dart. Here are some of my picks:

Sandwiches - A Family Affair or Giovanni's Deli in Fair Lawn, Bogie's Hoagies in Hawthorne, and Italian Riviera in Waldwick. La Strada is gone, both in Midland Park and Ridgewood. The Midland Park location is now Grosso's Deli, owned by the same guy that owns Johnny & Hanges. I tred them once, and found the sandwich to be OK, but not as good as the other places.

Groceries/Specialties - Italian Riviera, Vitamia in Lodi, or A&S Pork Store in West Paterson (I still refuse to call that town "Woodland Park".) Corrado's in Wayne is also a good bet (and Billy, their fresh mozzarella guy, is tops.)

Old 09-17-2013, 08:15 PM

112 posts, read 219,806 times
Awesome guys, thank you so much!!!

Still learning the area, move there in a week. I will be in Morris Plains, so if that helps for suggestions, great. I will do research on the ones posted.

Thanks again everyone.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:31 PM

2,535 posts, read 5,981,571 times
All of these suggestions are top notch. Zhelder's list is awesome. Only problem is that all of them are a hike from Morris Plains. Head to Sergio & Co in Denville it should get the job done.

Old 09-17-2013, 08:52 PM

47 posts, read 67,650 times
If you start looking for German food or BBQ, try Schwind's pork store in Rockaway on 46. Oktoberfest!

Old 09-18-2013, 01:14 AM

1,450 posts, read 3,045,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by labarbmb View Post
Awesome guys, thank you so much!!!

Still learning the area, move there in a week. I will be in Morris Plains, so if that helps for suggestions, great. I will do research on the ones posted.

Thanks again everyone.
Not far from Morris Plains is Esposito's Meats and Deli in Hanover. It's an good, old school Italian deli just north of Rte 10 on Ridgedale Ave. Esposito's - Meats & Deli - Authentic Italian Specialties - Butcher - East Hanover, NJ There is also Anthony & Sons with locations in Denville and Succasunna, Gourmet Deli Which not only has a great chicken parm sub, but they make their Mozz fresh daily. The deli is really an offshoot of their primary business which is an amazing bread bakery, you'll find their breads also available in many local grocery stores and delis. I love their home made pastas and ravioli.

KoalaNJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey