Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 05:15 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,553,629 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren810g View Post
I went to Avenue - I liked the scene at Avenue but I thought the food was very pricey for what it was.

I'm actually a fan of Bonefish - been to both those locations - can't go wrong with the Bang Bang Shrimp!

I have a friend who LOVES Peking Pavilion in Manalapan but I haven't been yet.
I haven't been to peking pavilion but I went to temple in red bank which I believe is owned by the son of the owners of peking pavilion. I didn't think it was anything special but the ladies I went with liked it a lot.

my mother in law lives out by peking pavilion so we used to drop the daughter with her and have dinner. we went to spargo's grille out there. it was fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
Chain restaurants serve their purpose. But in north jersey nearly every town had 1 or 2 family-owned Italian bistros with home-made food that grandma used to make. Try getting a real italian loaf of bread instead of the sponge-in-the-middle goop my neighbors get at ShopRite and think is great.
I like it when they make the rolls out of pizza dough.

Old 09-26-2013, 05:50 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,059,345 times
They also make garlic knots & zeppoles from pizza dough.

I'd even take trucked-in Calandra's at this point. Desperate!

Old 09-26-2013, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
They also make garlic knots & zeppoles from pizza dough.

I'd even take trucked-in Calandra's at this point. Desperate!
there is a diner by me in hazlet called the red oak. its pretty good and they also have coupons out there for i think 15% off. they serve garlic knots to you before your meal and they are greasy and delicious. i actually get steak dishes there and i really enjoy them. id recommend it for someone looking for a diner.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:29 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,622,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
there is a diner by me in hazlet called the red oak. its pretty good and they also have coupons out there for i think 15% off. they serve garlic knots to you before your meal and they are greasy and delicious. i actually get steak dishes there and i really enjoy them. id recommend it for someone looking for a diner.
thumbs up for red oak. the menu is an encyclopedia but haven't had a bad meal there.

Old 09-26-2013, 08:33 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,622,398 times
the frog and the peach - new brunswick
buona sera, basil t's, restaurant nicholas, red - all red bank
piero's - union beach

Old 09-26-2013, 11:49 AM

45 posts, read 102,428 times
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Drew's Bayshore Bistro in Keyport.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monet789 View Post
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Drew's Bayshore Bistro in Keyport.
I hear good things about that place. I was too late to make reservations there for a reasonable dinner time the last 2 times I tried. ill need to go back a good 4 weeks (or more for all I know) to get a decent time on a Saturday night.

so instead I chose to take my wife to the Belford bistro using my romantic approach for our anniversary dinner. it seems like a good place.

Old 10-19-2013, 07:37 AM

88,253 posts, read 84,190,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I hear good things about that place. I was too late to make reservations there for a reasonable dinner time the last 2 times I tried. ill need to go back a good 4 weeks (or more for all I know) to get a decent time on a Saturday night.

so instead I chose to take my wife to the Belford bistro using my romantic approach for our anniversary dinner. it seems like a good place.
Same here--a friend and I wanted to go there at the last minute around 6 on a Saturday night, and we were surprised to find out we needed reservations. I figured a little restaurant in a sleepy little bayshore town on the off-season--wouldn't be hard to get a table, but apparently it's very popular. Now I want to know why!

Old 10-19-2013, 05:30 PM

1,041 posts, read 3,005,846 times
Can I just say, me and my wife are really digging the Aja Asian Restaurant and Lounge that opened at the old Fuddruckers at Rt 1 and 18 interchange. We've been there a few times, food is great. Much needed in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey