Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2007, 10:06 PM

1 posts, read 7,576 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I will be moving to Middletown, NJ at Lucent (480 Red Hill Rd Middletown, NJ 07748.) from Los Angeles, California.

What advice would you give to someone looking for an area to live. I am looking for a monthly rent budget of around (~1000 - 1300/ month for 1BR ~ 700sqft), preferable in downtown city atmosphere with less that 10 miles of work commute.

alternatively, i was also considering if it was worth buying a condo in that area, don't have the down payment though. Highland ..

would appreciate any input.

thanks!

--josh

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 08:16 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,939,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshrain View Post
Hello,

I will be moving to Middletown, NJ at Lucent (480 Red Hill Rd Middletown, NJ 07748.) from Los Angeles, California.

What advice would you give to someone looking for an area to live. I am looking for a monthly rent budget of around (~1000 - 1300/ month for 1BR ~ 700sqft), preferable in downtown city atmosphere with less that 10 miles of work commute.

alternatively, i was also considering if it was worth buying a condo in that area, don't have the down payment though. Highland ..

thanks!

--josh

there is no downtown city areas close by, the closest you'll come to that atmosphere is Red Bank which is really just a small town. The area is mostly suburban. you will need to go to the higher end of your price range in order to find a decent place.

There are many apt complexes in middletown, be wary of some of the low end apt complexes, the residents can be a bit sketchy. you could check on kings hwy just east of 35 where there are 2 places with for rent signs. A new townhouse development is in 35 just north of chapel hill road. either would be good choices.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:42 PM

3 posts, read 17,462 times
Default apt

[quote=joshrain;2063141]Hello,

HI
there is a apartment complex called Knollwood gardens that is on the east side of kings hwy in middletown. pretty convienient for shopping etc

my friend lives there here is some info:
Camille
Knollwood Gardens Knollwood Gardens
6 reviews -

901 Knollwood Dr Middletown, NJ 07748

732) 671-0021

good luck

Last edited by mscamillec; 11-23-2007 at 07:43 PM.. Reason: too much html

Old 03-11-2008, 09:00 AM

38 posts, read 135,482 times
Default Too many for sale signs in Middletown!!

I don't know whats going on in Middletown but when I was looking for my home in Monmouth County I wasn't impressed at all I actually told the agent not to show me not one more home. Area is sketchy and is there mercury in the water or something? Because the amount for sale signs are unbeleivable. Well if your renting then again who cares!! Just be careful.

Old 03-11-2008, 09:54 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,939,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarah19 View Post
I don't know whats going on in Middletown but when I was looking for my home in Monmouth County I wasn't impressed at all I actually told the agent not to show me not one more home. Area is sketchy and is there mercury in the water or something? Because the amount for sale signs are unbeleivable. Well if your renting then again who cares!! Just be careful.
middletown twp is over 41 sq miles, I have no idea where you were looking so while it is possible that the areas you were being shown were at the low end and could be sketchy there are many great places in the town to live. generally the northern end of the town is the lower income area the further south you go the more upscale things are and the navesink river road area is the ultra wealthy area.

I don't know where you got your mercury ideas from but it isn't true, or to put it this way, there is mercury in the environment everywhere and there is no more mercury in middletown's water than there is in any other place in NJ.

Old 03-11-2008, 12:23 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,456,979 times
Middletown is huge. There are different parts that comprise the township so yes there are sketchier areas (generally on the more north side) and much nicer areas on the more south side...

Old 03-12-2008, 07:22 AM

3 posts, read 17,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarah19 View Post

i agree there are some areas that need improvement. I am sorry you have to stereo type Monmouth County. Maybe the realtor was showing homes within "your budget"
There are a lot of homes for sale but there a lot of homes for sale all over the US. its a buyers playground. There are nice homes and not so in every town. Location,location,location.
increase your budget and maybe you can afford one here.
ms Camille
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey