Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 06:05 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,936,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Nj retains about 40% of potential hi school grads. Most go out of state. NJ EDU needs the business. Concession to the Dems and their Edu supporters.
If you want to go to a large, public research institution, there's no alternative to Rutgers within the state.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2013, 08:30 AM

989 posts, read 1,877,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
It is preposterous that we would give illegal aliens subsidized tuition in our state schools. In any other country you get kicked out for even being there. Here we trip over ourselves taking money from legal citizens to hand over to illegals. It's Orwellian.

Exactly! I could not have said this any better. Why are more people not upset with this nonsense of bending over backwards to accommodate people who did not go through the proper channels to enter this country? The silence is deafening.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:37 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,076,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
Exactly! I could not have said this any better. Why are more people not upset with this nonsense of bending over backwards to accommodate people who did not go through the proper channels to enter this country? The silence is deafening.
yeah! I never hear Christie talking about this. Mr. Tough Talk. I wonder what Big Business thinks about all this cheap labor?

Old 11-24-2013, 08:58 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBWick View Post
yeah! I never hear Christie talking about this. Mr. Tough Talk. I wonder what Big Business thinks about all this cheap labor?
Not just Christie, but most politicians. Clearly, hispanics are a large and growing voting block. But there is a MUCH LARGER voting block who are against tax dollars going to illegal aliens, but most of them are silent and politicians know that. Even to people who don't want their tax money going to illegal aliens, it doesn't feel good to rally against poor people who are looking for work. Sure, there are plenty of people out there who have no problem doing this, but I think they are in the minority. So it feels like the people "AGAINST" are a minority, though in reality, they are in the vast majority, and as long as this illusion is in place politicians will go where the votes are.

If everyone against illegal aliens stood up and said "We will not vote for anyone who gives our tax dollars away to illegal aliens.", they would not cater to them anymore. But there is no will to do this because illegal aliens are a small part of a much larger platform. People will vote for that platform, not because of the illegal alien issue, but in spite of it.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:19 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,213,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by izannimda View Post
I'm not a fan of giving illegals in-state tuition, but to be fair to illegals it's not a matter of "proper channels". For most people, the "proper channels" simply are not available. It's not like they can simply fill out the right paperwork and be granted entry.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:26 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
dems pander to illegals for votes. I think that most democrats and republicans are in favor of tough immigration laws and enforcement. I don't understand why politicians (particularly republicans) are afraid to speak out loudly against illegal immigration. its a winning issue, except with people that wont vote for you anyway.

Old 11-24-2013, 07:35 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
dems pander to illegals for votes. I think that most democrats and republicans are in favor of tough immigration laws and enforcement. I don't understand why politicians (particularly republicans) are afraid to speak out loudly against illegal immigration. its a winning issue, except with people that wont vote for you anyway.
That's because those who are legal to vote, usually vote as a group and if any party speaks out against illegals could be a death wish.

Just look around to see that some out spoken hispanic polictians are pushing for illegals that are from Central/South America. It would be no different if most the illegals came from Italy or Ireland, etc.

Old 11-24-2013, 08:00 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I might have agreed with you a month ago, but Christie got 52% of the hispanic vote after his "change of heart".

Old 11-25-2013, 05:53 AM

3,984 posts, read 7,076,477 times
Someone signed an amnesty bill in the 80s. Anyone remember that guy's name?

Old 11-25-2013, 05:41 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I might have agreed with you a month ago, but Christie got 52% of the hispanic vote after his "change of heart".
that is very strange but I have to believe there is more to it than his change of heart. nationally I don't see republicans winning over Hispanics by supporting illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey