Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 07:00 PM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,830 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Gentleman View Post
Right.....that's exactly why you see all those southerners moving north when they retire...HaHaHaHaHaHa !!
Yeah, I get that your old bones have a tougher time in the cold. Just don't kid anyone about "enjoying outdoor activities 52 weeks a year" down there. Unless sweat dripping off your balls is your idea of an enjoyable outdoor activity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2013, 08:33 PM

478 posts, read 700,661 times
My balls are just fine thank you because l use "Fresh Balls" !!!

Old 12-16-2013, 08:57 PM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
My balls are just fine thank you because l use "Fresh Balls" !!!
Please refrain from polluting this JERSEY SPECIFIC weather thread with useless information. Kindly back off.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:33 PM

279 posts, read 461,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Please refrain from polluting this JERSEY SPECIFIC weather thread with useless information. Kindly back off.

Yes, I agree. I won't entertain "Florida Gentleman." My point is, if this winter ends up being anything like, say, the winter of 2010-2011, and it snows like hell from now until February or March, that's fine. It's fine because when April and May roll around, we will have a much deeper appreciation for the blooming of the flowers and the trees and the warm, spring breezes than anyone in Miami or Los Angeles ever could.

When the seasons change, I'm always ready for them. By September, I've grown tired of hot (or even warm) summer days, and I yearn for cool, crisp fall weather. By March, I'm tired of the snow, the cold, the ice, etc. and I'm ready for spring and I'm ready for things to start blooming again. Right now, I'm not ready for warm weather. Hasn't been cold long enough. That's just how I feel.

I enjoy the 4 seasons. If you don't, don't live in the Northeast.........personally I'd go crazy if I lived in someplace like Miami and it was in the 80s and 90s every day. Seasons add rhythm to life. It just makes sense. During a certain time of year, we do certain things.............in another time of the year, we do other things. We plant in the spring, watch things grow in the summer, harvest in the fall and lie dormant in the winter.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:24 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Yup!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wine View Post
Yes, I agree. I won't entertain "Florida Gentleman." My point is, if this winter ends up being anything like, say, the winter of 2010-2011, and it snows like hell from now until February or March, that's fine. It's fine because when April and May roll around, we will have a much deeper appreciation for the blooming of the flowers and the trees and the warm, spring breezes than anyone in Miami or Los Angeles ever could.

When the seasons change, I'm always ready for them. By September, I've grown tired of hot (or even warm) summer days, and I yearn for cool, crisp fall weather. By March, I'm tired of the snow, the cold, the ice, etc. and I'm ready for spring and I'm ready for things to start blooming again. Right now, I'm not ready for warm weather. Hasn't been cold long enough. That's just how I feel.

I enjoy the 4 seasons. If you don't, don't live in the Northeast.........personally I'd go crazy if I lived in someplace like Miami and it was in the 80s and 90s every day. Seasons add rhythm to life. It just makes sense. During a certain time of year, we do certain things.............in another time of the year, we do other things. We plant in the spring, watch things grow in the summer, harvest in the fall and lie dormant in the winter.
100% agreed with your whole post. I don't think I would do well living somewhere where it is the same all year long. Is it nice being between 70-80 much of the year in SoCal? Sure. Would I miss having snow, cold or even white Christmases, changing leaves and crisp air, and beautiful blooming trees, absolutely. I'd miss it a lot.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:49 AM

32,932 posts, read 36,351,383 times
I just checked the weather forecast and it's supposed to be in the 50s and 60s this weekend.

Old 12-17-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wine View Post
During a certain time of year, we do certain things.............in another time of the year, we do other things. We plant in the spring, watch things grow in the summer, harvest in the fall and lie dormant in the winter.
Sounds great......if you enjoy spending a portion of your life "lying dormant". Personally, I would rather enjoy life to the fullest 52 weeks a year.

Old 12-17-2013, 09:08 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,830 times
Quote:
Sounds great......if you enjoy spending a portion of your life "lying dormant". Personally, I would rather enjoy life to the fullest 52 weeks a year.
... trolling on the NJ forum.... enjoying life to the fullest! yup that's you

Old 12-17-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
... trolling on the NJ forum.... enjoying life to the fullest! yup that's you
Name calling doesn't make facing another long, cold, damp, dreary, gray skied New Jersey winter any more desirable when the only outdoor activity you can look forward to is carrying firewood in for your fireplace to keep warm and help reduce the high cost of heating. Oh....sorry...you can add shoveling snow and snowshoeing to that list too. No wonder so many people move to New Jersey when they retire.....it's a real paradise !!!

Old 12-17-2013, 11:46 AM

11,879 posts, read 14,206,770 times
Quote:
Name calling doesn't make facing another long, cold, damp, dreary, gray skied New Jersey winter any more desirable when the only outdoor activity you can look forward to is carrying firewood in for your fireplace to keep warm and help reduce the high cost of heating. Oh....sorry...you can add shoveling snow and snowshoeing to that list too. No wonder so many people move to New Jersey when they retire.....it's a real paradise !!!
I moved to NJ because of the cold, and will retire in Saranac Lake, NY. What a beautiful place Eh. -35 F in January must feel wonderful . Unfortunatley, the lowest I have experienced till now was -22 F at Leh .

Disgusting record heat this weekend set to ruin our pristine snow pack and destroy any hope of a white Christmas . Stupid FKing Florida, keep the heat to yourself and stop spreading it up the coast .

Last edited by Adi from the Brunswicks; 12-17-2013 at 12:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey