Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 08:23 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,693,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradykp View Post
except i virtually always post my supporting evidence.

hey - when is the world ending because of Greece's debt? Didn't their credit rating just get upgraded?
I know you think that you do, but you don't.

I don't recall suggesting the world will end because of Greece's debt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stradivarius View Post
I'd be happy to lend you our 20-month old for several months so you are used to your own by the time s/he is born.

Congratulations.
ive got one that's almost 4 now. the first 4 months or so really sucked. but after that, it just got better and better every day. thanks.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:00 AM

12,546 posts, read 21,402,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
I know you think that you do, but you don't.

I don't recall suggesting the world will end because of Greece's debt.
i know you think i don't, but i do.

oh, you harped on quite a bit about Greece, Portugal, etc. I believe that was back in 2010. Closing in on 2014 now....

Old 12-03-2013, 08:21 AM

4,073 posts, read 8,979,830 times
Quote:

oh, you harped on quite a bit about Greece, Portugal, etc. I believe that was back in 2010. Closing in on 2014 now....
Oh I remember quite a few thread from 2010 to 2012 where the captain went off about Greece and how we were on the path to destruction and there was no one to bail us out.

In fact, here's one from the captain:
"people have no idea whats going to hit them within 2 years. but before we do, we will see the end of the european union.

greece, ireland, portugal, spain, italy, they will fall like dominoes and when a critical mass is hit, all out civil war. they have a theoretical 700 billion euro fund to bailout eu countries, but that isnt enough even if it does really exist. the eu wont survive this depression. while many americans havent learned from europe yet, hopefully they will as things get real bad over there."

Old 12-03-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:

i was definitely concerned about the debt issues of the PIIGS. i wasn't the only one and i doubt its over. its funny how when something is no longer in the headlines, people forget. i was just mentioning Syria the other day. one minute, we were about the go to war. a few minutes later nobody hears anything about Syria.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:44 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,934,667 times
I cancelled my Star Ledger delivery subscription earlier this year. The delivery was horrendous. Weekdays my paper came after 8 and on Sundays after 10 most of the time. Many times, I got no paper at all only to get two the next day. What good is yesterday's news? I called and complained many times. It would get better for awhile and then revert back to ridiculous.

I have since gotten a subscription to the Express Times for 1/3 of the Star Ledger price. My paper is there before 6 on weekdays and Sundays.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:41 PM

18,467 posts, read 15,247,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
I cancelled my Star Ledger delivery subscription earlier this year. The delivery was horrendous. Weekdays my paper came after 8 and on Sundays after 10 most of the time. Many times, I got no paper at all only to get two the next day. What good is yesterday's news? I called and complained many times. It would get better for awhile and then revert back to ridiculous.

I have since gotten a subscription to the Express Times for 1/3 of the Star Ledger price. My paper is there before 6 on weekdays and Sundays.
You do realize that is the delivery person's fault, right? I leave my house at 5:45 AM and the Star Ledger is always there on my driveway before I leave for work.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:34 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,877,552 times
Pretty sad to hear people purposely want a paper with a certain bias one way or another. The whole point of reading news is to get multiple viewpoints.

There are theories that the extreme partisanship the past few years is at least in part due to how personalized and tailored news sources are becoming (for example Google News learning from your viewing behavior to only show you articles you are more likely to read). Not sure how true this is in reality though.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:08 PM

12,546 posts, read 21,402,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
Pretty sad to hear people purposely want a paper with a certain bias one way or another. The whole point of reading news is to get multiple viewpoints.

There are theories that the extreme partisanship the past few years is at least in part due to how personalized and tailored news sources are becoming (for example Google News learning from your viewing behavior to only show you articles you are more likely to read). Not sure how true this is in reality though.
or you could seek out facts instead of multiple "viewpoints"

Old 12-05-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post

everything has a bias.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey